PDA

View Full Version : Best method and towel to buff the haze of wax

ichigo103
03-25-2017, 03:56 PM
Hi I applied Wolfgang paint sealant last week, I wait 20 minutes before buff out the haze with chinchilla microfiber(600gsm).It was hard to remove so I sprayed some detail spray on some spot. Today(after a week of raining i figure out some imperfection spot of unremoved haze of wax.
What is the best way to remove dried haze of wax you guys do?
I am planning to use lower gsm towel with detail spray, however I am worry about stratch the paint

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

derass
03-25-2017, 05:53 PM
A lower GSM towel will certainly help. I notice a big difference between 600 gsm Super Plush and 380 gsm Gold Plush towels. The 600 gsm towel "bunched up" easily and so lacked the "bite" to buff off the LSP.

Are you working in a shaded area? Direct sunlight might be causing the product to dry up and become difficult to remove.

Kamakaz1961
03-25-2017, 05:59 PM
There should be no issues in terms of ease in removing Wolfgang Paint Sealant. It should have been very easy to wipe off. Any quality MF towel should be fine. I would check to see if the product itself has something wrong, however, that would be very doubtful. I would just continue to do what you are doing to remove the haze. I would go back and see what was your technique in this whole process.

Wolfgang Paint Sealant is one of the best sealants out there and there should have been no issues. But again, I do not know what your process was. Either way, I hope things work out!

ugafiredawg
03-25-2017, 06:45 PM
If applied too heavily, it can be difficult to remove. A little goes along way. Be sure you are not applying it too heavily and use the "swipe" test to ensure it has dried completely.

mwoywod
03-25-2017, 08:50 PM
I use my porter cable 7424xp and a re buff and shine uro-cell european foam pad and I can do my entire truck with approximately 10-12 pea size drops of WGDGPS (at most) That said, I find it that WGDGPS is much more difficult to use sparingly with a poly-foam applicator or microfiber applicator by hand and I always using twice as much product.

Assuming you did apply it thin & you allowed it to haze completely before removal. My favorite towel for wax removal is a 365gsm edgeless microfiber terry towel, if I was having a difficult time removing it I would probably use an edgeless 300gsm microfiber terry towel.

Mantilgh
03-25-2017, 10:25 PM
Towels that have looped fibers as opposed to split fibers.

I think Mike has an article somewhere around on it.

VISITOR
03-25-2017, 10:45 PM
don't get too caught up in having a zillion different towels, buy a few dozen gold plush jr's 16x16 which will work just fine for just about anything...

wing commander
03-26-2017, 02:41 AM
If you are having problems removing wax or sealant you can use CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polish Cleanser 1 Liter Refill (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-eraser-refill.html) and then reapply the wax or sealant thinner.

fightnews
03-26-2017, 04:35 AM
Hi I applied Wolfgang paint sealant last week, I wait 20 minutes before buff out the haze with chinchilla microfiber(600gsm).It was hard to remove so I sprayed some detail spray on some spot. Today(after a week of raining i figure out some imperfection spot of unremoved haze of wax.
What is the best way to remove dried haze of wax you guys do?
I am planning to use lower gsm towel with detail spray, however I am worry about stratch the paint

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

it should be super easy to remove, I think you used to much product

fightnews
03-26-2017, 04:38 AM
I use my porter cable 7424xp and a re buff and shine uro-cell european foam pad and I can do my entire truck with approximately 10-12 pea size drops of WGDGPS (at most) That said, I find it that WGDGPS is much more difficult to use sparingly with a poly-foam applicator or microfiber applicator by hand and I always using twice as much product.

Assuming you did apply it thin & you allowed it to haze completely before removal. My favorite towel for wax removal is a 365gsm edgeless microfiber terry towel, if I was having a difficult time removing it I would probably use an edgeless 300gsm microfiber terry towel.

they gotta start carrying edgeless towels around here, I just switched over and i have tons of the plush jr's so that means i really liked the edgeless

BadgerRivFan
03-26-2017, 08:03 AM
Agree with the other comments that you probably used too much of the sealant. It should wipe off easily with any decent microfiber towel.

If you like having towels that are dedicated to a specific task, I love these Griots PFM towels for wax and sealant removal...

http://www.autogeek.net/griots-pfm-wax-towel.html

ichigo103
03-26-2017, 02:20 PM
Thanks guys, I just use onr as detail spray and edgeless 450 gsm, and I was easy to remove all the spots, I think dried 600 gsm towel did not pick up dried wax well