PDA

View Full Version : MSDS Mckee's 37 High-Intensity APC+????

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mwoywod
03-24-2017, 10:35 PM
I was trying to find the MSDS for Mckee's 37 High Intensity APC+ and realized that none of the PBMG brands like Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Blackfire, or Mckee's 37 have MSDS sheets? Other brands like 3D International or even smaller brands like 1z Einezett have MSDS sheets that are easy to find on their specific product websites. Are MSDS sheets not required for all company's that are distributing chemicals? I'm not as concerned about potential adverse reactions from the various soaps, polishes, waxes as I am the All purpose cleaners and Degreasers. I just wish I had a bit more information on these chemicals?

custmsprty
03-24-2017, 10:43 PM
That's a very good question and my understanding is yes.

I work for a large maintenance supply distributor, everyone of the chemicals we sell on our website has the "sds" sheets as they are now called. They dropped the msds. They are called safety data sheets.

Also, if you had a large shop and had employees that were using the products all the bottles have to be properly labeled and sds sheets on file and easily accesible. It's called the right to know law. You have the right to know what you are being exposed to.

The Right-to-Know refers to workers' rights to information about chemicals in their workplaces. The federal law that provides these rights is the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200). Private-sector employers must provide chemical information to their workers under the OSHA standard.

The Hazard Communication Standard requires employers to disclose toxic and hazardous substances in workplaces. This is related to the Worker Protection Standard.

Specifically, this requires unrestricted employee access to the Material Safety Data Sheet or equivalent, and appropriate training needed to understand health and safety risks.

crrdvr6
03-24-2017, 10:51 PM
Crustmsprty, you are exactly right. Any facility with hazardous chemicals must have sds sheets easily accessible for all employees so they know what they are working with and how to handle any associated issues with the chemicals. I happen to be a right-to-know inspector.

custmsprty
03-24-2017, 10:57 PM
And writing apc on a trigger spray bottle is not a properly labeled secondary container.

FlyinLow
03-24-2017, 11:11 PM
. Any facility with hazardous chemicals must have sds sheets easily accessible for all employees so they know wthat they are working with and how to handle any associated issues with the chemicals. :xyxthumbs:
And for the general population, please remember this goes for even common household-type products used in the workplace, such as toilet bowl cleaner, Lysol counter spray, etc. Don't let the word hazardous scare you. Simply be smart. Eye protection, gloves, closed shoes are always good basic personal protective equipment (PPE) to be wearing as we detail. The labeling and SDS tells you things such as what to do in case of ingestion, or a splash to the eye etc.

MWOYWOD, you can always contact the manufacturer and request those data sheets directly. It sounds like you're taking steps to work safely. Bravo.

vanev
03-24-2017, 11:12 PM
Good luck trying to find MSDS reports on anything PBMG related.
lol.

FUNX650
03-25-2017, 02:06 AM
Crustmsprty, you are exactly right.
Any facility with hazardous chemicals
must have sds sheets easily accessible

for all employees so they know what they
are working with and how to handle any
associated issues with the chemicals.

I happen to be a right-to-know inspector.

@mwoywod:

•Are you an employee of PBMG (or RME)?
•Do you own/operate a bona fide detailing
Business?

-Without meeting at least one of the above
qualifiers...it may be difficult to obtain the
SDS sheets for PBMG's Consumer products.
(Perhaps Mike or Nick can add clarification)

BTW:
There is still legislation wandering around
somewhere in the (USA gov.) pipe-lines to
have every type of Consumer products
more closely regulated...including the
mandatory issuance of SDSs.

Bob

fightnews
03-25-2017, 02:45 AM
i work with much more hazardous things at work BUT I do like wearing rubber gloves when detailing with chemicials

swanicyouth
03-25-2017, 08:01 AM
I went down this rabbit hole a few years ago...

IIR, technically - they don't have to release them to the public. They do have to release them to you if you are employed by them and working with the chemicals.

I think it would be frowned upon if a pro detailer (by pro I mean does it daily for a living) requested a MSDS and was denied. But the general public is not guaranteed access.

Eldorado2k
03-25-2017, 08:09 AM
I went down this rabbit hole a few years ago...

IIR, technically - they don't have to release them to the public. They do have to release them to you if you are employed by them and working with the chemicals.

I think it would be frowned upon if a pro detailer (by pro I mean does it daily for a living) requested a MSDS and was denied. But the general public is not guaranteed access.

How could a manufacturer judge whether the person asking is "professional" enough to be granted the information or just an average Joe who's part of the general public? Sounds like it would result in discrimination over who's worthy of receiving the information.

Sent from my iPhone

Eldorado2k
03-25-2017, 08:17 AM
And lets not forget that we currently live in a PC society, where safety is shoved down our throats like never before... People are forced to wear bump hats and safety vests at work, seat belts everywhere, smokers can't even take a cigarette break in public anymore... And a chemical company is going to decline information regarding its products safety and hazards to its own consumers? That would be outrageous in todays world. All someone has to do is cry foul.

Sent from my iPhone

swanicyouth
03-25-2017, 08:25 AM
How could a manufacturer judge whether the person asking is "professional" enough to be granted the information or just an average Joe who's part of the general public? Sounds like it would result in discrimination over who's worthy of receiving the information.

Quite simply, a detailing "professional" (in this context) is someone who receives compensation for their work, meaning they detail for money and pay income taxes on that money. Since, operating a detailing business or being employed by one as a detailer legally requires no formal education or licensure - I think that would be the common distinction.

I would say your buddy buying you a case of beer for waxing his car doesn't make you a professional. Nor does detailing your own car for free.

But quite frankly, I'm not an expert on MSDS, this is just my understanding of it - which could be 200% wrong.

Detailsbydaniel
03-25-2017, 09:15 AM
It would be nice to have them more readily available. At work I like to clean the car since we have a heated bay but any chemical I use I have to have a sds sheet on per our safety coordinator. He shut me down mid detail last year because I was using unknown chemicals inside of the building.

Yes he is a super d bag in my book for doing it but I can see if we can get fined due to my actions that I have to play by the rules. I was able to obtain all the sds sheets on another brand of products I used heavily last year and they were added to our book of sds sheets we have in the employee office.

vanev
03-25-2017, 11:57 AM
I've always understood the law to be:
MSDS reports must be made available to those that use the product containing chemicals.
This includes everyone form the professional to the general public consumer.
If not posted publicly, then made available upon request.

mwoywod
03-25-2017, 12:20 PM
Thanks for all of the responses fellas!
Some of you mentioned "they don't have to unless_____"

For liability reasons, shouldn't they WANT to provide SDS sheets to protect themselves?