PDA

View Full Version : Help! Weird patches on hood of car after optimum gloss coat

jimbob
03-23-2017, 03:57 PM
Hi all, need your help as I might be in trouble with the missus! My gf recently bought a brand new Mazda cx3 around a month ago. I asked the dealer not to detail it. When we collected it, we drove it back to mine where I washed it using 2BM and then wiped it down with optimum paint prep then coated with optimum GC. (I skipped clay and polish because it was a new car. I know there can still be swirls from the dealer but having visually inspected the paint it was satisfactory for someone like my gf who didn't really appreciate these things anyway. Also the car was white which hides them well).

Anyway, the coating appeared to be working fine, with quite nice beading and flying off when driving. My gf pressure washed it once (after 7 days of application) and reported how easy it was to clean.

This morning she sent me this photo attached, where there are multiple marks on the hood. I thought it was frost but she said that it was dry. She's currently driving now but I've asked her to try wipe it. She'll let me know how it goes.

Just wanted to see if anyone here has experiences this or knows what it may be and how I'd fix it.

Any info that could get me out of trouble with the missus would be great!!!

vobro
03-23-2017, 04:09 PM
That sure looks like frost or dew,dead give away is the pattern from the hood insulation and bracing

jimbob
03-23-2017, 04:10 PM
Update : it's condensation! Sorry to wasting ppls time. Admin please delete thread if necessary

jimbob
03-23-2017, 04:11 PM
Thanks! Turns out you're correct. I don't know why she wouldn't have tried wiping it before calling me in a panic!

PaulMys
03-23-2017, 08:02 PM
Thanks! Turns out you're correct. I don't know why she wouldn't have tried wiping it before calling me in a panic!

Ummm....... I know why. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

swanicyouth
03-23-2017, 08:23 PM
I see Jesus in the hood. Thank you 4 posting.

golliger
03-23-2017, 09:41 PM
"I might be in trouble with the missus. My GF..." Yeah, I'd say you might have a little trouble there.:laughing:

jimbob
03-24-2017, 07:07 PM
"I might be in trouble with the missus. My GF..." Yeah, I'd say you might have a little trouble there.:laughing:

haha!! in my defense the two are used interchangeably down under.

(convincing explanation?)