PDA

View Full Version : Best process

jforget1
06-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Just got in my PC7424, edge2K kit, Wolfgans Deep gloss kit and a foam gun. Was fun to check all the stuff out. Washed the truck, foam gun is awesome, that was a great $50. Did the hood with the pre-wax cleaner and a coat of the deep gloss sealant, it is night so I can't tell for sure, but so far it looks great. :cheers:I am looking for advice on the best steps for the new gear. I am listing what I think is a proper combination, please let me know if these are the proper steps, speed, pad etc.

after claying I am planning on using the following first

Step 1

Orange light cut pad (obviously all the pads are Edge 2K)
Pre-wax polish enhancer
Starting speed 2 1/2 moving to 3 1/2 pretty quick
Finishing speed 5 Step 2

Blue polishing pad
Wolfgang deep gloss selant
Starting speed 2 1/2 moving to 3 1/2 pretty quick
Finishing speed 5 I will ask about glaze and paste wax speeds, unless someone wants to add that, I am getting those 2 next.

ScottB
06-30-2006, 08:27 PM
polishes , paint cleaners --- 5.5 to 6 on the PC.

Wax, sealants ---- 2 to 3 on the PC.

obviously you want to start slower initially, as you dont want to spray product all over anything. Personally I never use the PC for sealants or waxes, as it wastes to much product.

jforget1
06-30-2006, 08:31 PM
polishes , paint cleaners --- 5.5 to 6 on the PC.

Wax, sealants ---- 2 to 3 on the PC.

obviously you want to start slower initially, as you dont want to spray product all over anything. Personally I never use the PC for sealants or waxes, as it wastes to much product.

OK so I can max it out on the first part but have to finish slow.

Think I will add a second coat in the am, had it a little fast on the sealant, so I probably buffed most of it off.

abrcrombe
06-30-2006, 10:21 PM
One tip on the polishes is to dab it onto the surface or rub it on with the pad so you minimze splatter. Don't know if you know that already. Splatter sucks!!

dengood1
07-01-2006, 05:34 AM
One tip on the polishes is to dab it onto the surface or rub it on with the pad so you minimze splatter. Don't know if you know that already. Splatter sucks!!

He's right, or just put your pad on the surface and spread the product at a very low speed. I usually make one pass right through the middle of the section I am doing then switch directions when you're working it in so you go through that first line of product on every pass you make so you reload the pad a little on every pass.....kind of like in a "+" pattern. One horizontally, then switch directions and do the rest of the section vertically so you pass through the product you laid down on the first pass every pass you make. Whew....sorry if that was drawn out! Also, don't put a line of product on the section you're doing as some products recomment and then hit it with your PC.....it will splatter product 10 feet in all directions!!!!! Just something I've learned the hard way:D

jforget1
07-01-2006, 06:56 AM
That is the method I was using last night, was appying to the pad, then while off applying to the section. Will try the "+" method. Thanks for the tips.

jforget1
07-01-2006, 06:58 AM
One thing I learned is that going all the way to 6 on the speed is pretty uncomfortable, fair amount of vibration. Any tips there.

abrcrombe
07-01-2006, 12:11 PM
For vibrations, you can remove the handle. That will cut it down a little. Honestly, I think everyone feels these crazy vibrations when they first start using a PC. After a while, I promise you won't even notice it. I don't know if you get used to it or stronger or what, but it just.... stops bothering you. Good luck man!

jforget1
07-01-2006, 09:36 PM
For vibrations, you can remove the handle. That will cut it down a little. Honestly, I think everyone feels these crazy vibrations when they first start using a PC. After a while, I promise you won't even notice it. I don't know if you get used to it or stronger or what, but it just.... stops bothering you. Good luck man!

You are probably right, finished my detailing this morning. Worked incredible. Got rid of some scrathches I thought were permanant.