PDA

View Full Version : Detailing services menu

jzaldivar
03-22-2017, 10:42 PM
Does anyone have a Detailing Service Menu they would share?

What I mean is what services are offered and how much those services cost.

I'm starting my detail business and would like ideas. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vanev
03-22-2017, 11:27 PM
That is a lot to ask of the patrons here who detail professionally.
There are countless detailer websites online that post all the information you requested.
You can search, compare notes, and gain ideas.

Advice:
- Only offer services you are capable of providing, both skill wise and regarding logistics.

- Learn from others, don't copy/paste their material: aka intellectual property.

- Charge price points that work for you and your specific business, not just what others charge.

- Naming your packages will take some creativity.
There are enough Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond packages out there.

- Get legal first, this will make you more money than staying off the radar.

Guyb
03-22-2017, 11:35 PM
Since you have been a member a while with a few post I would recommend you review some of the threads here: Forum: How to make money detailing cars. Make use of the search capabilities here in the forum also. As vanev has stated, get legal if your going to get in this for income. Invest in training when you can. As far as charging that will depend on your location, skills and other factors.

GSKR
03-23-2017, 06:01 AM
keep it simple .

SuperbShineDetail
03-23-2017, 06:19 AM
keep it simple.

Mike Phillips
03-23-2017, 06:55 AM
keep it simple .

I agree. Keep it simple.

Don't make your customer's WORK at figuring out what they want. Make it easy.

Like others said, if you're new to this forum, then I'd recommend start reading. There is so much GOOD high quality information on this forum that will bring you up to speed with the industry quickly.

In my classes, I teach the guys that attend that want to detail cars for money, (many people attend my classes simply to learn how to detail their own cars), that the way you command higher prices than the guy down the road is because your educated in this craft. When you're educated - it makes it easy to educate your customers and that's really the secret to getting paid a higher price than the guys that charge so little and are here today (ruining the business), and gone tomorrow.

Any hands-on class you can attend is better than trudging along trying to figure it out by yourself and ANY quality class is a lot better than watching YouTube videos. Not that YouTube videos are bad but there's something to be said for having a true instructor place their hand on your hand as you're running a machine for the first time showing you the simple things. like,

How hard to press down or perhaps how lightly to press down.
How fast to move the polisher or how slow to move the polisher over the surface.
The direction to move the polisher over the surface and WHEN to let the panel be your guide.
How long to run the polisher
How to do a Test Spot
What to do when inspecting the results of a Test Spot
Dialing-in a successful, prove approach for each car you work on.
How to tackle a car once you dial in your process.
The difference in how you work compounds, polishes, finishing waxes and cleaner/waxes.
Pad selection
Tools speed
How to clean a pad on the fly
When to switch to a new pad
What to do if a "mistake" happens
What a VIF is and how and when to use one

That's just off the top of my head and that's JUST for the paint polishing aspect.

There is so much more work to do...

Washing
Decontaminating - both chemical and mechanical
Removing water spots and road film off glass
Wheels and tires
Fender wells
Headlights
Engine compartments
Interiors
Vinyl tops
Canvas tops
Chrome, aluminum and stainless polishing

And the above is just off the top of my head...

For you or anyone that is reading this post into the future, if you're new to car detailing, here's a brand new video series that will share TONS of information, education, tips and techniques, just sit back, pay attention and take some notes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJr45c1aayU&list=PLf9SO3pQlzJ-WLpwg7U4mUqaB4UuPQ91m

The key thing is learning. In fact in my opinion, you NEVER stop learning. There is so much new technology being introduced at such a fast pace that the only way to be on top of your game it to be what I call and what I practice and that is you need to be

A perpetual student

Good luck my friend...

:)

david b
03-23-2017, 07:31 AM
I just do this for a hobby. Newbie question - what do you all mean when you say "get legal"?
Thanks,
David

Cruzscarwash
03-23-2017, 09:39 AM
insurance, registered with the county,city, state things like that just to start