PDA

View Full Version : Any Black Friday Stories ???

Pages : [1] 2

ScottB
11-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Well got up late and ran over to Circuit City to pickup two dvds. A big sign said "1 hour checkout" so we split. In truth, I was looking for the new Diehard disc and Santa Claus 3 for the kids so no biggie.

Hit a Target across the street and was in and out in less than 10 minutes. Both on sale for 15.00 so total haul was less than 32.00w/ tax.

Got home and visited a couple detailing sites, of course Autogeek and Werkstatt were the only two with nice sales so a quick order and the rest of the day was spent relaxing at home. I resisted the Flex buffer for now, but gotta have one of these toys soon.

I guess I gotta ask, why do you all put yourself thru this and what are you planning to spend today ! Anyone make a killing ??

Gary Sword
11-23-2007, 07:09 PM
I went to CompUSA and it wasn't to bad. I have a busness account there and a lady who aways takes great care of me and checked me right out at the business check out. Traffic was very bad so I was glad to get home

Meghan
11-23-2007, 07:11 PM
I can say without a doubt I am glad I worked today and did not go shopping! Is the savings really worth all that hassle?!?!

trhland
11-23-2007, 07:13 PM
I can say without a doubt I am glad I worked today and did not go shopping! Is the savings really worth all that hassle?!?!
my wife left the house at 3 am. crazy!!!!!!!!!!

joe.p
11-23-2007, 07:17 PM
there is no way i would subject myself to this kind of torture...

Jimmie
11-23-2007, 07:34 PM
While I was playing the wife made a killing. She bought a 7' pre-lit Christmas tree, 2006 yr., normally $299.99 for $88.
Our town had people camped all night in line at "Best Buy". Probably to get the lap top for $399 but not sure.
I'm still looking for a sale on an HD DVD player like you guys found last week. No luck yet.

blk45
11-23-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm still looking for a sale on an HD DVD player like you guys found last week. No luck yet.

It's not the $100 deal Jimmie, but Amazon has an HDA3 for $199 with 10 HD DVDs instead of 5. It comes with 300 and the Bourne Identity and you choose the other 8.

Tonya
11-23-2007, 08:05 PM
I got one! It must have been 10 years ago I went out on black friday with a girlfriend. I told myself I would NEVER DO IT AGAIN!
Well today I had a temporary laps of judgement! I only wanted to pick up 1 item at Kohl's. So.... I foolishly thought how bad can it be. The store is less than 2 miles from my house. So I left for work an hour before normal... thinking that is more than enough time to get 1 item. I got right in the store, had a great parking spot, it was not crowded at all, really! You know why.... because the freakin check out line had a 1 1/2 to 2 hour wait :eek: Those women are nuts! I returned my item and went into work early :D What was I thinking!!!

ScottB
11-23-2007, 08:13 PM

have you seen her since ???

Tex Star Detail
11-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Glad I worked as well. 1966 Mustang and a 2006 Mustang.
On my way home, I had to drive past the mall, was about 2PM.
OMG, there were cars parked across the street from the mall it was so packed.

All I could say to myself....... SUCKERS
Not worth the savings to me. Though Best Buy had a laptop and printer for $289ish. Wish I could have picked that up, even though I imagine it was a cheapy. Could have made a good work laptop.

slo-ryd
11-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Just for kicks, I met my brother and nephew at Sam's Club on my way to work. They had a complimentary sausage biscuit and danish breakfast. It was very tasty.

I've done all my electronics gift shopping online, so my only purchase was a bottle of Pepcid Complete antacid.

You should have seen the look on the checkout girls face when I said "Wow, you mean to tell me that these are $19.97 EVERYDAY!" :D

killrflake
11-23-2007, 10:44 PM
I live in NJ too. My cousins (all female) got up early to go shopping also. Kohls was going to open at 4am and many other stores opening before 6am.
If I thought it would be appreciated, all my Christmas shopping would be coming from AG. Who wouldn' be greatful for a nice bottle of Menzerna or the like. And of course a soft Cobra MF towel set makes a wonderful gift.
A Makita rotary for that someone special says "I love you" like nothing else.
Don't you just love this time of the year?

dengood1
11-23-2007, 11:16 PM
dude......I got a Dell:) The screen on my wifes laptop (Acer) went out a few weeks ago after the dog knocked it off the couch so we got the $598 Dell at Walmart--reg. $798. There was no way we were going to get the $200-300 laptop from CC or BB. It's actually very nice and runs very smooth. Much more solid than the old one. I also picked up the Lexmark all-in-one printer/scanner/copier for $25. Yesterday morning I ordered a 30 gig video Zune for $98 online. I stopped at Wallyworld at 6:15am this morning on my way to work and most of the people had already left the store---it wasn't bad at all. I was there for 15 minutes...tops. Hope you all found some deals out there. I really wanted a hi-def tv, but decided to wait until Christmas.

Bunky
11-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Kohl's around here was very crowded as usual according to others. We did not even go to the store this year based upon the experience last year (similar to Tonya's comment).

However. while shopping I think I may have found something to haul my personal detailing supplies when I travel. I have been using a hard plastic case with hinged top cover but it takes up a lot of space in the trunk. While at Target I the large soft side coolers with a removable plastic insert (maybe useful if something leaks) that may do about the same plus be able to fit in some tigther spots when the car trunk is full. Typically detailing bags are more like duffle bads and not always tall -- need something at least 12-in tall for my tallest bottles.

Anyone else know about any alternatives?

nasdaq
11-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Got a Rigid Shop Vac for the car and a gift for my Mother. Was going to hit Fry's but I got there too late and the items I wanted were way long gone. I went to two Kohl's and the first one I just walked out of because of the lines. An hour later I was at another one and decided to tough it out. Maybe 20 minutes in line and I was out of there.