PDA

View Full Version : RUPES Lhr15es mk11, mini or duetto

Pages : [1] 2

Jmbrown415
03-19-2017, 05:40 AM
Touched on this a bit on a previous post but cannot find it now.

decided to buy a new polisher to replace my old one. Got the torq 10fx, which I feel is struggling to cut harder paint especially on my black Audi.

only going to buy one of the above. Can you do a whole car with the mk 15mm throw or will it be very tricky with smaller panels bearing in mind the throw and pad size?

would I be better off buying the mini or duetto? Is there much difference between the three?

is there a big cutting / power / finish difference?

will go will the whole system. So will purchase rupes pads, polishes etc but may switch back to menzerna depending on results as I like that stuff.

advice would be great

Thanks
Juarin

WRAPT C5Z06
03-19-2017, 06:49 AM
The duetto is underpowered and the MINI is not recommended to polish whole cars. Go with the MKII 15 for sure. Pick up some MF cutting pads for the hard Audi paint.

dlc95
03-19-2017, 07:04 AM
One question is what pad/product setups have you tried with your current machine?

As far as machine, I love the Duetto/Mini configuration. I use their polishes and pads, and prefer them to Menzerna.

You will be recommended to get the 15 MK 2 or the 21 with a 5" backing plate because they have more power, even though the Duetto still has a higher rpm speed at 5500, than the MK2 models. A modded (not that I often use, or recommend it modded) spins like mad. A great tool if you have a technique which is lighter pressure, finesse oriented. Probably not your first choice if you like to use heavy pressure, and need the power to to keep the pad rotating.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-19-2017, 07:23 AM
Duetto Mark II would have been AWESOME!

tpr1634
03-19-2017, 07:54 AM
I have a 15 if you can afford it the mini is a great tool to have, not sure how I lived without it.

TMQ
03-19-2017, 09:38 AM
The big picture and what people will notice are the hoods/roof/trunk and sides of the car. (all large panels)
Go with 15 mk II. The majority of your work will be large panels anyways. In a pinch---you can still knock out the thin panels by sightly edging the polisher and in certain places---by hand.

Tom

TMQ
03-19-2017, 09:45 AM
As for me---I'm getting the 15 and also getting the griot 3" with thin pro pads. Because I'm lazy and don't plan to polish anything by hand!

Tom

dlc95
03-19-2017, 10:38 AM
Duetto Mark II would have been AWESOME!

Would have, and might be??

Not holding my breath though. I wouldn't be surprised if they kill the Duetto.

custmsprty
03-19-2017, 11:25 AM
As for me---I'm getting the 15 and also getting the griot 3" with thin pro pads. Because I'm lazy and don't plan to polish anything by hand!

Tom

You'll widh you had bought the Mini in place of the GG3". No comparison. GG3" is at best a wax spreader and good for sanding headlights.

TMQ
03-19-2017, 11:31 AM
Yes custmsprty---I agree. Funds are bit stretched at the moment and that is the reason I opt for griots/thin pro pads for now. Using thin pro pads actually gives the 3" more cutting ability than before. Will cut better than by hand but not as good as mini. Eventually I will pursue the mini at later time.

Tom

Jmbrown415
03-20-2017, 01:44 PM
Would you go for the 15 or 21. Fund not an issue. Is there a big difference between the two, apart obviously from the bigger throw?

custmsprty
03-20-2017, 02:07 PM
Yes custmsprty---I agree. Funds are bit stretched at the moment and that is the reason I opt for griots/thin pro pads for now. Using thin pro pads actually gives the 3" more cutting ability than before. Will cut better than by hand but not as good as mini. Eventually I will pursue the mini at later time.

Tom

You'd be better off getting a PC and putting a 3" backing plate on it, or if you already have a PC put a 3" or 3.5" bp, you can run 3" and 4" pads that way. Much better correctibility than the GG3. That's how I ran until I could afford the mini :props:

WRAPT C5Z06
03-20-2017, 02:08 PM
Would you go for the 15 or 21. Fund not an issue. Is there a big difference between the two, apart obviously from the bigger throw?
21 will have more pad spinning torque based on momentum alone. It will cut noticeably faster, BUT, the 15 is no slouch. The 21mm throw makes it less versatile, even with a 5" backing plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Mike@ShineStruck
03-20-2017, 05:02 PM
id go either mark II flex xfe 15(but with 5 in BP) or G15
if you cant afford those, gg6...then when you can afford one of the above you can upgrade GG6 with 3in BP

duetto and mini are under powered(but havent tried them with LC thin pros yet or aluminum BP

Jmbrown415
03-21-2017, 01:58 PM
id go either mark II flex xfe 15(but with 5 in BP) or G15
if you cant afford those, gg6...then when you can afford one of the above you can upgrade GG6 with 3in BP

duetto and mini are under powered(but havent tried them with LC thin pros yet or aluminum BP

Thanks as as always for all the help guys.

decided to go for the 15mm throw mk2 in the end.

very excited to get it now!!