PDA

View Full Version : Can DLUX renew this plastic?

Maestro Sam
03-18-2017, 11:21 AM
Had success with dlux but a client of mine sent some pictures of his car seeing if I can restore this with Dlux. Based on the pictures, the plastic looks like it is peeling? What is your opinions?

custmsprty
03-18-2017, 11:47 AM
It's beyond saving with any sealant. Maybe he could repaint them with some sort of dedicated plastic spray paint.

Maestro Sam
03-18-2017, 11:58 AM
It's beyond repair. Maybe he could reapint them with some sort of plastic spray paint.

The customer is stating that the white part on the side mirror is salt, which is highly not possible due to the contrast.

MattPersman
03-18-2017, 04:45 PM
If it's salt he or she should be able to wipe it off in front of you before you attempt it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan K
03-18-2017, 05:10 PM
The rear bumper may be salt, but the finish on that mirror has definitely peeled. As already stated it will have to be refinished.

briarpatch
03-18-2017, 08:43 PM
I'd have a look at local salvage yards and see if you can get the mirrors. I'm not even sure if Solution Finish would fix that. Short of a repaint...maybe plasti-dip would work?

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-18-2017, 09:45 PM
I would try Solution Finish in a few spots. You may have to do more than one coat. I wouldn't waste Dlux on this.

Maestro Sam
03-19-2017, 09:01 AM
If it's salt he or she should be able to wipe it off in front of you before you attempt it

I will ask him to do a test spot at home lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rear bumper may be salt, but the finish on that mirror has definitely peeled. As already stated it will have to be refinished.

Yep, I agree and also feel like the side mirror is peeling. Kind of looks like clear coat failure, but on plastic!

I'd have a look at local salvage yards and see if you can get the mirrors. I'm not even sure if Solution Finish would fix that. Short of a repaint...maybe plasti-dip would work?

I will be trying solution finish for the first time, hope it works out okay.

I would try Solution Finish in a few spots. You may have to do more than one coat. I wouldn't waste Dlux on this.

Hey man, thanks for the advice. I will be trying solution finish on this for the first type and top it off with a coating.