PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting excited for the new F1 season?

Pages : [1] 2

Paul A.
03-18-2017, 09:37 AM
Spring testing yielded some interesting results and wide speculation that Ferrari may finally be a favourite to watch next Sunday in Australia! I am personally looking forward to someone...anyone...ready to challenge Mercedes this year. A closer margin between Merc and Ferrari might be interesting and even Red Bull and Williams could challenge some podium visits this year.

Rule changes have also presented some interesting challenges too!

Should be a fun season.

karl1672
03-18-2017, 09:55 AM
Looking forward to it. Be kind of weird without Niko, getting tired of Lewis and was good to see him have some competition. Will be pulling for Ferrari and Red Bull. Max V will be fun to watch.

Paul A.
03-18-2017, 10:27 AM
Absolutely! And yes, i forgot Verrstapen. He'll only get better and better.

melF1fan
03-18-2017, 11:14 AM
Definitely as always. Looking forward to the new cars which seem to have blistering pace. The new Power Units also seem to sound a bit better in pre season testing.
The Ferrari looks like it's a beast of a race car - hopefully they give Mercedes good competition finally. I wish Mclaren/Honda can turn around their mishaps.

Waiting to witness more Max V awesome passing - but I'd love to see Kimi Raikonnen win a championship 10 years after his and Ferrari's last - they 'seem' to have the car.

MadMerc
03-18-2017, 11:22 AM
I was, until McLaren Hondas troubles look to be a carry over from last season. Here's hoping that someone can give Mercedes a real fight this year.

Jim w
03-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Yes, looking forward to it. I think Merc will have more competition this year. Ferrari and Red Bull were coming on strong by the end of last year.
I haven’t followed during the off season. New car this season….never know who might have the advantage;.should be fun.

Jim

karl1672
03-18-2017, 12:39 PM
Can't remember which race (Brazil?), but Max's passing on wets in the pouring rain was *%&^ unbelievable. Ah the "courage" of youth combined with talent :)

melF1fan
03-18-2017, 01:17 PM
^^
Exactly.. It was Brazil in the rainy wet.. not sure how he out braked everybody from so far back into turn 1

Not sure the full conditions but During testing he was saying passing effort was not much different than last years cars while everyone was complaining it was harder with the added downforce!

Rmd
03-18-2017, 10:25 PM
I can't wait! New body specs and tire size will make the cars faster in general. There's some speculation that new aero changes could help with overtaking, which makes it more exciting. I was wondering at the end of last season if we would see Joseph Newgarten in an F1 car, but I'm sure his Penske deal in Indycar is pretty sweet.

Go Haas F1 team! Would love to see them get a podium. america needs a continued presence in F1, and consistent scoring is the only way that's going to happen.

ViperGuy21
03-18-2017, 11:43 PM
Very much looking forward to it! Hopefully its not as boring as some predict it to be, and that there will be some real good racing this year!

Coopers ST
03-19-2017, 07:54 AM
Yes I am. I think it will be a great season. I know it is hard to bet against Lewis, but Vettle may have a chance this year

Coopers ST
03-19-2017, 09:25 AM
The last couple years I have participated in a GP predictor game through Autosport. You try to guess positions 1-10, pole, fastest lap, and most positions gained. You get points for how closely you guess correct. I created a league for us, somus Autogeekers will have our own competiton. It is free, so join us and have some fun.

https://gppredictor.com/leagues/join/58ce93a170f29e3752810810
This is the link to the game

58ce93a170f29e3752810810
This is a code to join the league. Not sure if you need it, but it is how they are doing it this year.

Rmd
03-19-2017, 11:55 AM
The last couple years I have participated in a GP predictor game through Autosport. You try to guess positions 1-10, pole, fastest lap, and most positions gained. You get points for how closely you guess correct. I created a league for us, somus Autogeekers will have our own competiton. It is free, so join us and have some fun.

https://gppredictor.com/leagues/join/58ce93a170f29e3752810810
This is the link to the game

58ce93a170f29e3752810810
This is a code to join the league. Not sure if you need it, but it is how they are doing it this year.

Dude, this is awesome. Just joined. Looking forward to this. Almost like picking brackets for March Madness.

Coopers ST
03-19-2017, 01:12 PM
Dude, this is awesome. Just joined. Looking forward to this. Almost like picking brackets for March Madness.

But every race you can reselect your finishing order

oldmodman
03-20-2017, 05:55 AM
No.

As long as they are powered by little turbo engines and they have to meet MPG numbers it is no longer the ultimate racing series.

Change the rules. Any engine configuration. Any power adder. Any chassis configuration ( I loved seeing the six wheel Tyrell running) And please, please, please bring back the ear splitting roar and shriek of the unrestricted engines.