PDA

View Full Version : Opti-coat VS Wolfgang coating

Pages : [1] 2

tpr1634
03-17-2017, 11:31 AM
Kinda on the fence never did a coating, like both product lines and with the sale on right now what are the pro's and con's between the two. Are the the same thing, Wolfgang is 15 compared to Opti-coat being 20 cc. Let her rip!

Hammer77
03-17-2017, 11:41 AM
My first coating was Wolfgang last summer. So I can't speak of Opti-Coat, I am sure its a great product, gets a lot of respect here on AG. As far as usage, I used roughly 6 cc's on my 200. I take it you want to coat the truck in your avatar?

Znig22
03-17-2017, 11:47 AM
Optimum is definitely a great Option, I don't think you will go wrong with either selection.

tpr1634
03-17-2017, 11:49 AM
Yes, one black f150 and probably the wife's sable.

natewood70
03-17-2017, 11:50 AM
I have Wolfgang on my wife's car for approximately 6 months now.

The paint is still holding up well with no boosters applied... still slick, looks like a candy coating, and makes cleaning the paint system a breeze.

If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't waste my time on the glass though. The beading and roll off of rain on the windshield was non-existent after about a month. I was pretty disappointed.

The Guz
03-17-2017, 01:09 PM
They are not the same product. Can't go wrong with either one. I have used gloss coat a few times and I have been satisfied with it's performance.

tpr1634
03-17-2017, 03:09 PM
They are not the same product. Can't go wrong with either one. I have used gloss coat a few times and I have been satisfied with it's performance.

Which one do you think it better being they are not the same.

The Guz
03-17-2017, 03:16 PM
Which one do you think it better being they are not the same.

Have not used wolfgang so I can't answer this truthfully. But optimum has been in the game of coatings for a lot longer so I took that into account when I went with gloss coat.

tpr1634
03-17-2017, 04:33 PM
Have not used wolfgang so I can't answer this truthfully. But optimum has been in the game of coatings for a lot longer so I took that into account when I went with gloss coat.

Roger that, Thanks I'll go with opti last question in real world condition how long will it last before it needs to be done again, my truck is 24/7 outside in all kind of weather as far as maintaince I'm on it.

The Guz
03-17-2017, 05:54 PM
Roger that, Thanks I'll go with opti last question in real world condition how long will it last before it needs to be done again, my truck is 24/7 outside in all kind of weather as far as maintaince I'm on it.

Gloss coat is a 3 year coating. With good maintenance it can last longer than that. I would recommend some sort of decontamination wash at least once tr twice a year to remove some of the contaminants that have gathered on the paint. I did the on my dad's car not too long ago. It does not require any toppers but many like to use either opti-seal or optimum car wax.

luvashine
03-17-2017, 07:07 PM
I would go with gloss coat . Its realy easy to use and the hydrophobic are great. You can also put two layer is you would like.

tpr1634
03-17-2017, 08:12 PM
Gloss coat is a 3 year coating. With good maintenance it can last longer than that. I would recommend some sort of decontamination wash at least once tr twice a year to remove some of the contaminants that have gathered on the paint. I did the on my dad's car not too long ago. It does not require any toppers but many like to use either opti-seal or optimum car wax.
Fantastic if I could get 2 to 3 years, I also love opti seal I ordered a 20cc just need the weather to break so I can do my spring detail.

wing commander
03-17-2017, 11:56 PM
Remember to apply as thin as possible. When you are done with both cars you can use the leftover product to apply a second coat if you want.

The Guz
03-18-2017, 12:41 AM
Fantastic if I could get 2 to 3 years, I also love opti seal I ordered a 20cc just need the weather to break so I can do my spring detail.

What has worked well for me going with 2 coats of gloss coat 1 hour apart followed by a coat of opti-seal 1 hour after the last coat of gloss coat. Opti-seal will protect gloss coat during the 7 day curing time. Gloss Coat will tend to shed it within a week.

tpr1634
03-18-2017, 06:04 AM
What has worked well for me going with 2 coats of gloss coat 1 hour apart followed by a coat of opti-seal 1 hour after the last coat of gloss coat. Opti-seal will protect gloss coat during the 7 day curing time. Gloss Coat will tend to shed it within a week.
Opti-seal won't cause any issues for curing my one concern is when the pollen starts so maybe a coat of opti seal will protect it. My 150 will be outside I have no other choice. Thanks Tim....