PDA

View Full Version : Big blue vs PFM drying towel: anyone used both?

Pages : [1] 2

MrOneEyedBoh
03-15-2017, 04:21 PM
Wondering if anyone has used them both. Curious to which one if better or maybe they are the same.

Hopefully someone had used both before...

JustJesus
03-15-2017, 04:25 PM
The Guz has used them both. I think.

I'm half asleep. Need afternoon coffee to help me with this food coma.

fly07sti
03-15-2017, 04:27 PM
I have both and they definitely are not the same. The Big Blue is softer to the touch than the PFM. With that said, I reach for the PFM more.

ronkh57
03-15-2017, 04:35 PM
Got em both
Love em both

Klasse Act
03-15-2017, 05:31 PM
I have (3) of the large drying towels from Griot's, in various ages as well as 1 of each size of the Big Blue and the Big Blue is much better. That said, maybe we're talking about 2 different Griot's towels, I don't know all the acronyms here, LOL!

fly07sti
03-15-2017, 05:59 PM
I have (3) of the large drying towels from Griot's, in various ages as well as 1 of each size of the Big Blue and the Big Blue is much better. That said, maybe we're talking about 2 different Griot's towels, I don't know all the acronyms here, LOL!

Roger, do you have the newest PFM from Griots? Not the older waffle weaves with the pocket ends.

BadgerRivFan
03-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Have them both (the small ones).

Used Big Blue once and haven't touched it since. Nothing wrong with it, I just prefer the PFM. Big Blue is just a tad too thick for my liking...

The Guz
03-15-2017, 07:54 PM
I was sent all three big blue towels to review. They are nice towels. Just to thick for my preference so I gave them away to others as I knew I would never use them again.

Recently I picked up the small Griot's PFM at my local auto parts store and said what the heck let's give it a try. I have to say it's a great towel. Easier to manipulate compared to the big blue. If I had to choose between the two I'd go for the PFM.

Have them both (the small ones).

Used Big Blue once and haven't touched it since. Nothing wrong with it, I just prefer the PFM. Big Blue is just a tad too thick for my liking...

I felt the same about the bog blue's when I reviewed them.

FocusSTguy
03-15-2017, 07:58 PM
I have used both and I think the PFM absorbs water better. I tend to go heavy on the detail spray when drying and always had to follow up the initial drying with a second towel. With the PFM it just takes a couple of wipes and it's dry. I did like how soft the Big Blue towel was compared to the PFM.

MrOneEyedBoh
03-15-2017, 08:28 PM
And from what I've seen on here, all the PFMs are the same just sized differently right

fly07sti
03-15-2017, 09:28 PM
And from what I've seen on here, all the PFMs are the same just sized differently right

The grey PFM's are the same other than size.

MrOneEyedBoh
03-15-2017, 09:34 PM
Thanks. Debating If I should get the Big blue super large towel for 20$ or get a two pack of PFM 16x16s for 20$.

Eldorado2k
03-15-2017, 09:53 PM
Thanks. Debating If I should get the Big blue super large towel for 20$ or get a two pack of PFM 16x16s for 20$.

It all depends on what kind of towel you prefer... Do you like large drying towels or super small ones? Personally, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be happy with having 2 small PFM's for the purpose of drying a whole vehicle because I prefer large towels that I can work with both hands and cover large areas with.

Also, the Big Blue Towel would make someone who's very cautious when it comes to drying their vehicle very happy, because it's really soft and while it can be treated like a normal towel and dragged along the paint, it really excels for people who like to "pat" dry. I treat it like a plush blanket and grab the thing with both hands and drag it along and I like it.

The PFM is more for people who actually like to physically dry their vehicle with their drying towel and aren't overly worried about whether they're about to instill swirls onto their paint.

Both work great. But personally I wouldn't want a small 1 of either... Different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrOneEyedBoh
03-15-2017, 09:58 PM
Thanks bud. So you think the Big blue the super big one would be a good deal? I currently use waffle weaves and honestly always been paranoid about them scratching . I literally grab it just rub it in my paint ... So would the big blue help out in that respect? Maybe I should get the mid sized big blue

fly07sti
03-16-2017, 01:13 AM
The thing with these towels is that once they are saturated, they don't like being wrung out. That's why I actually prefer the 16x16. Doesn't become too cumbersome once it's full of water. Also as far as instilling swirls, I've used on my Sti,Tundra, Accord and Infiniti with no new swirls installed.