PDA

View Full Version : Which compounds = results?

julian
11-21-2007, 08:52 PM
I will soon be out of my Presta compounds, Ultra Cut, 1500 polish and Meg's 80. I use them in that order when I have a rough job to do.
I would like to buy new products from AG, and need to know which should be of equal or better quality using a 3 step system. These are for rotary use..I've been using a heavy wool pad for the the first one then a finer wool pad for the second one, then a light cut foam pad for the meg's. These seem to properly get me to the LSP stage.
any suggestions from rotary users:confused:

side note: I wish there were a seminar or an event locally so that I could compare results and techniques with others. As a rookie I have a lot to learn!

sparkie
11-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Have you look at Menzs products?
Menzerna Polishing Compounds Products, menzerna polishes, menzerna car polish, menzerna nano polish, menzerna final polish, menzerna compound, (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-of-germany.html)

swirlnuts
11-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Can't go wrong with menzerna. They are all top notch as far as im concerned. You could use powergloss for your heavy compounding. Super Intensive polish to clean that up and then 106ff nano polish if needed afterwards. The SIP and 106 are a little pricey but well worth it for me. Can comment on any others. First products i purchased from autogeek and havent needed anything else.

StephenK
11-21-2007, 10:09 PM
look at the optimum line also. good results and not that much money

Optimum Polymer Technologies: Advanced Polymer Technology is in every Optimum Car Care Product. opt car care, optimum car wax, optimum car wash, (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-wax.html)

jake_b
11-21-2007, 10:15 PM
go for Meguiar's Diamond cut - Dual Action Cleaner & Polisher - Speed glaze or
Menz PG - Menz SIP - Menz Nano

ScottB
11-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Menzerna SIP and Nano ... usually all thats needed.

shuskan3
11-23-2007, 12:19 AM
I have had great results with Optimum Compound! But as others are mentioning you can't go wrong with Menzerna.

supercharged
11-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Menzerna SIP and Nano ... usually all thats needed.
:whs::goodpost:

richy
11-23-2007, 02:32 PM
I swear by Menzerna too (use SIP, nano or micro depending on job) although I think Presta products are under-rated personally. The UCL and UCCL are used by me as well and are a very reasonably priced compound. I usually follow up with the 106 (nano) and the shine and depth are unmatched. Check out some show and shines_you'll see.

julian
11-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I thought too that Presta was some decent stuff.
I'll ponder over the Optimum stuff and the Menzerna products, Both products break down properly I imagine, that's the important part.
Hey and hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

THENIZZZEIL
11-23-2007, 03:51 PM
ive had great success with ssr 3, and 106ff...since im practically out of all my poorboys ssr's im deciding on the menz line as my go-to

although i heard optimum is good too...

menz + optimum would be my choices

Showroom Shine
11-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I've tried alot of the products on the market. Things have improved greatly since I was a kid detailing for small change 40 years ago. But I truely Love the Menzerna line. I just ordered the 106ff to go along with the other 2 I have. I know I'll be Happy!:buffing:

svtsupremecy
11-23-2007, 07:43 PM
anyone tried Clearkote Compound Moose????

Junebug
11-24-2007, 02:32 PM
I've tried: WG,DG, Megs, Malco (they own Presta) Optimum, HiTemp and XMT. I just had the opportunity to use 3M Extra Cut 3000, Swirl Remover and UltrafinaSE - the 3M Swirl Remover was so-so, therefore I ordered some Menzerna IP from the Geek (based on recommendations from folks I respect). If you're on budget, stay with Megs - you can get great results with their stuff if you try. And AG - when are ya'll going to add the latest 3M stuff? I had to go to the paint store!