PDA

View Full Version : Buff & Shine MF pads

KBsToy
03-13-2017, 08:06 AM
Has anybody had a chance to use these new pads ??? I like the idea of one pad doing cutting and polishing.

Buff and Shine Uro-Fiber Pads (http://www.autogeek.net/buff-and-shine-uro-fiber.html)

Thanks !!!

Mike Phillips
03-13-2017, 08:14 AM
Yes.

They work great.

Somewhere I have a review.

The MOST important thing is to be sure to use products i.e. compounds, polishes and cleaner/waxes (AIOs for you that like to call a cleaner/wax and AIO), that use GREAT abrasive technology you you'll end up with micro-marring.

That and find a way to clean fiber pads often and the fibers will tend to mat down. The best way is with a pinpoint air squirter and compressed air. If you don't have a compressor then get a nylon pad cleaning brush and brush them after each section of paint you buff.

:)

KBsToy
03-13-2017, 08:29 AM
As always THANKS !!! for your knowledge and info !!!!

Mike Phillips
03-13-2017, 10:09 AM
I tested them out at SEMA on a Ferrari that was in our booth and I think a local clearcoated streetrod.

They are actually a very good microfiber pad. To be honest, I'm really not a huge user of any brand of microfiber pads because if I have heavy cutting to do I dimply slap a wool buffing pad on a FLEX 3401 or a FLEX PE14 and get the hard dirty work over with and then switch over to foam.

That said, I know a lot of guys like and even prefer to use microfiber pads for detailing cars and if you want a quality pad then the Buff & Shine microfiber pads are top notch in quality materials and design.

You really need to either have an air squirter to clean them and re-fluff the fibers or a good pad cleaning brush and it's 100% NORMAL for the fibers to matt down and they are working as designed when they are matted down. For this reason you need to clean them and re-fluff them after each section of paint you buff.

If you clean them often and use great products you'll get great results. I wouldn't hesitate at all to order B&S microfiber pads.

:)