PDA

View Full Version : Proud 'Dad' moment......

briarpatch
03-12-2017, 01:18 PM
So, yesterday my daughter comes in and says "whoever had my car before me, must have gone through car washes....Dad showed me what swirls were, and the car is loaded with them". Keep in mind, I've not done a full correction on it yet. Then she asks "Dad, next time, can you show me the right way to wash it, so I can keep it nice after your get rid of the swirls?" As a parent, everyone once in a while, you're given affirmation that they're listening.

Kevin845
03-12-2017, 04:31 PM
Yes that is a great feeling, for a long time I thought my daughters ears were just for earrings. Congrats!!!

Kamakaz1961
03-12-2017, 05:12 PM
So cool! A couple of days ago I posted another father daughter moment but only the opposite! Again, way cool for you!

LEDetailing
03-12-2017, 05:45 PM
I see a couple Grit Guards and five gallon buckets in your future shopping cart.

The real moment of truth will come in six months when you inspect your daughter's car to see if she was really paying attention:)

Bill1234
03-12-2017, 06:17 PM
I dont mean to be sexist but a lot of women only worry about the interior and dont think much about exteriors. Both matter (at least from a car guys or gals expectations). If there is no knowledge of swirl marks -they dont care. I try to reason with people by making it in their terms. Care detailing is basically makeup for a large portion of women,they dont do it to look good for others but themselves and be happy but also hopefully do it right. I guess overall its cool but you definitely can go a bit deeper and even maybe buy some stuff for her as a gift or whatever it may be. Might be fun to see some more detailing happen such as paint correction and engine cleaning,etc

LEDetailing
03-12-2017, 06:27 PM
I dont mean to be sexist but a lot of women only worry about the interior and dont think much about exteriors. Both matter (at least from a car guys or gals expectations). If there is no knowledge of swirl marks -they dont care. I try to reason with people by making it in their terms. Care detailing is basically makeup for a large portion of women,they dont do it to look good for others but themselves and be happy but also hopefully do it right. I guess overall its cool but you definitely can go a bit deeper and even maybe buy some stuff for her as a gift or whatever it may be. Might be fun to see some more detailing happen such as paint correction and engine cleaning,etc

I would counter with this. the vast majority of men and women don't really care about the gloss of their paint or whether or not the paint passes the baggy test. Most people want a clean care not a show car. 90% of the population treat their cars like appliances. Some of us AGO's treat our appliances like show cars:)

The majority of the population don't know how to properly maintain paint and will never learn or care. The other 10% are a mix of the car guys/gals and neat freaks. Of that 10% only a fraction really know what perfect paint looks like and how to achieve/maintain perfect paint. How many car shows have we been to where there is an awesome car and the paint is a disaster, mostly owned by men who have no clue.

Not looking for an argument, just saying 9/10 men don't care about their paint. 9.5/10 women don't care either. The 10% and 5% are the AGO's and detailing shops customers.

Bill1234
03-12-2017, 07:01 PM
I would counter with this. the vast majority of men and women don't really care about the gloss of their paint or whether or not the paint passes the baggy test. Most people want a clean care not a show car. 90% of the population treat their cars like appliances. Some of us AGO's treat our appliances like show cars:)

The majority of the population don't know how to properly maintain paint and will never learn or care. The other 10% are a mix of the car guys/gals and neat freaks. Of that 10% only a fraction really know what perfect paint looks like and how to achieve/maintain perfect paint. How many car shows have we been to where there is an awesome car and the paint is a disaster, mostly owned by men who have no clue.

Not looking for an argument, just saying 9/10 men don't care about their paint. 9.5/10 women don't care either. The 10% and 5% are the AGO's and detailing shops customers.

The only thing im going to say is that there are people who do care but are not geeks like us. I feel this is a good opportunity to start car care no matter what

Klasse Act
03-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Great story and well done👍👍

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

VISITOR
03-12-2017, 07:14 PM
https://vangogh.teespring.com/shirt_pic/3513108/4047902/2/568/480x9999/back.jpg?v=2015-11-23-23-12

briarpatch
03-12-2017, 07:46 PM
She has always been conscious of keeping her car clean, but has (up until this point) really focused on the interior. She sees it as a point of pride, and feels better when riding around in a clean vehicle. My wife is the same way....she cleans the interior and I take care of the exterior. They do not completely understand how obsessed I get sometimes, but never fail to appreciate how I try and keep them.

Sizzle Chest
03-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Great story!!!! Awesome!

oneheadlite
03-16-2017, 12:00 PM
That's awesome! Sounds like a great opportunity for some bonding time! :dblthumb2:

I'm hoping my daughter will be a member of the camp-that-cares (She's only 2 right now).

I'm thinking there's a fair chance-
My wife was telling me recently that often when she loads her into her rear facing seat, she'll try to grab the door frame on the way by. My wife would discourage her by saying "Leave it please, its dirty." (hey, it's winter, ok! :) )

Fast forward: We get a nice weekend, so I'm out giving her car a bath and they come out to say hey. My little one asks what I'm doing, Mom says "Daddy's making Momma's car clean and shiny."

The next time she goes to load her in the car and she goes to grab the door- Mom says: "Leave it please". To which my daughter quickly replies: "Shiny!" :dblthumb2: