PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Choosing a Bulk Detailing Spr

derass
03-12-2017, 12:14 AM
Last year my process was just using a clay bar followed by the Klasse Twins, all by hand. This year I got a 7424XP and will be using Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish and Collinite 845. I was also using the small bottles of Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer to remove any Klasse residue and bird bombs. I liked it a lot. I found that it worked really well and ended up using 2 bottles last season.

That got me thinking. Doing a paint correction will likely involve even more residue and require even more QD. So buying something in bulk would be a little cheaper in the long run.

So the first option would be a gallon of M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer (which is on backorder, has it been discontinued?). But it can't be used as a clay lube, which would be a nice bonus.

That led to D155 Last Touch. Which seems that it would work for what I want and can also be used as clay lube. But from what I was reading it doesn't last long and can streak.

Finally is Mothers Instant Detailer. This is included in their clay bar kit which I use, but it always runs out before the bars are used up. Hence, my previously mentioned need for a clay lube. It seems to work ok, but I've never done a direct comparison to UQD and I don't see it mentioned much here on AGO.

I would like my QD to be able to: remove residues during the correction process, "even out" the finish and add some extra gloss after applying LSP, and remove bird bombs and such on the fly.

I'm also considering using diluted ONR or UWW+, but I'm skeptical that either of these diluted is as good as a dedicated QD.

So what do you think? Are any of these good candidates for what I want? Did I overlook something? Thanks!

Eldorado2k
03-12-2017, 12:33 AM
Get yourself some Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Concentrate.
1oz. per gallon for claylube.
3oz. per gallon to make waterless wash that leaves amazing gloss.
You won't be disappointed.

http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-rinseless-wash.html

Mckee's N-914 would be another option, but it doesn't add gloss so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ViperGuy21
03-12-2017, 12:37 AM
Get yourself some Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Concentrate.
1oz. per gallon for claylube.
3oz. per gallon to make waterless wash that leaves amazing gloss.
You won't be disappointed.

Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash, no rinse car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-rinseless-wash.html)

Mckee's N-914 would be another option, but it doesn't add gloss so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on the Uber!

Its good stuff!

derass
03-12-2017, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the suggestion! Seems like a very similar choice to Ultima Waterless Wash + in terms of price, and that it can be used as a Rinseless, Waterless, QD and Clay Lube. Have you had the chance to use both and compare?

AZpolisher15
03-12-2017, 01:47 AM
Thanks for the suggestion! Seems like a very similar choice to Ultima Waterless Wash + in terms of price, and that it can be used as a Rinseless, Waterless, QD and Clay Lube. Have you had the chance to use both and compare?

Ha we're doubling up here. The thread dates were confusing me!

The 3 products we're talking about are all multi-use products, depending on dilution. The difference being the McKee's leaves nothing behind- no protectants, no gloss enhancers. The Wolfgang has gloss enhancers (really adds a nice shine) and no protection. And the Ultima has gloss enhancers in addition to offering some protection (albeit not a lot).

The only one I've used is the WG, but there are fans of all three here on AG.

SabbyNJ
03-14-2017, 08:41 AM
Try a dedicated clay lubricant. They don't cloud up as you clay.

You may also want to look into a clay mitt in lieu of a traditional clay bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)