PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Tire Cleaner

DogRescuer
03-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Wow is all I can say. I've always used a strong APC to clean tires but I broke down and bought a dedicated tire cleaner and I'm shocked, now ag doesn't sell but :

Am I allowed to use the name as long as I don't give a link?

I was doing a car yesterday in which I scrubbed the tire clean( twice )I thought and started onsomething else. The UPS man hands me my tire cleaner so I opened the box and was excited to use it so WITHOUT DILUTING IT I sprayed maybe 6 inches of the tire and wiped it off with a diry towel and holy sh** my towel was black and of course I rinsed. I really want to see how it works at 4:1,thanks to the guy who suggested it. No it's not Mckees or Tuf Shine but it's not $40+ a gallon, no disrespect to the people that use the aforementioned products.

briarpatch
03-10-2017, 07:50 AM
PM sent

HUMP DIESEL
03-10-2017, 08:24 AM
I tried the APC route, but once I switched to a dedicated tire cleaner, I haven't looked back. I have paired down my wheel regime to two chemicals that I can use on just about any wheel.

HUMP

chefwong
03-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Personally, I've strayed away from most cleaners - scrubbing till it's clear...
At $400+ per rubber, I generally just wait for the intial mold release to come out, give it a light scrub and then seal it....
I top it off now and then but I don't go ballz2wallz on cleaning.
I'm not smarter than the guys who designed this tuff with the bloom agents and all

Desertnate
03-10-2017, 11:32 AM
While I've decided it's a little strong for use on my wheels, I loved Mothers Foaming Tire and Wheel cleaner on my tires. Tires I felt were pretty clean would always yield a nasty brown/black foamy mess and they looked noticeably cleaner when I was done.

BudgetPlan1
03-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Would like to know what it is. TuffShine is good but it takes some cycles, especially if tires had had frequent dressings before. It's often a bit of a procedure to get 'em clean enough to coat.

FUNX650
03-10-2017, 12:29 PM
I broke down and bought a dedicated
tire cleaner and I'm shocked,

I was doing a car yesterday in which I
scrubbed the tire clean( twice )I thought
and started onsomething else.

The UPS man hands me my tire cleaner
so I opened the box and was excited to
use it so WITHOUT DILUTING IT

I sprayed maybe 6 inches of the tire and
wiped it off with a diry towel and holy sh**
my towel was black and of course I rinsed.

I really want to see how it works at 4:1,

No it's not Mckees or Tuf Shine
but it's not $40+ a gallon
As long as this cleaning product doesn't
cause any harm to vehicles' wheels, or
any other components; and you and the
Customers are pleased with the results...
Go for it!

Bob

PrestigeAutoPolish
03-10-2017, 12:33 PM
Have you tried optimum power clean? I normally use it 5:1 for everything, even tires unless I need to bump up to 1:1 which has never left anything to be desired. Would love to know what cleaner it is you are using though...

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

DogRescuer
03-10-2017, 04:53 PM
It beats OPC hands down

DogRescuer
03-11-2017, 05:59 AM
.?