PDA

View Full Version : Howto clean Stainless Steel grill? options

BigFloppy
11-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah, we're lucky, we're still using the grill BUT it needs some TLC

Anyone here got a clue as to what I should use to clean a Stainless grill?

slo-ryd
11-20-2007, 10:10 PM
I used liquid metal polish, and an orange pad on the UDM. Worked great!

Jimmie
11-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Just looked this up. Here's what the "Queen of Clean" says in her book. This is for the grill rack itself. Put paper towels moistened with ammonia on both sides of the grill, put it in a plastic bag, let sit overnight, open away from face, wipe with the paper towels in the bag, clean with soap and water.

BigFloppy
11-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Just looked this up. Here's what the "Queen of Clean" says in her book. This is for the grill rack itself. Put paper towels moistened with ammonia on both sides of the grill, put it in a plastic bag, let sit overnight, open away from face, wipe with the paper towels in the bag, clean with soap and water.
Hey Jimmie, thanks for that... BUT what does the queen of clean say about the outside of the grill? (inside grill plates are almost "new")

Jimmie
11-21-2007, 12:42 AM
Got that handled. She says clean with a baking soda/H2O paste, rinse, dry. Polish with flour and a soft cloth on dry stainless. Shine with a few drops of baby oil.
I'd say try "Rolite" metal polish but I don't know how it would work around heat and food.

Brace1
11-21-2007, 08:27 AM
When I bought my grill the guy told me to just use WD-40, and it works greatIm the MAN