PDA

View Full Version : Reviews and my opinions

Jeremy1976
03-09-2017, 11:59 AM
Real quick. Any write up and review I do is always unbiased and done with honesty and integrity. I don't care if the product was given to me for free or what the circumstances are on how I received the product.

I do not appreciate my character being questioned on me receiving something "free" and assumptions that I automatically will rate it high due to that. If a product is sub par, I will definitely give my opinion on to how and why I came up with my conclusion. Trust me on that.

I do these reviews for a couple purposes. One, I enjoy testing out new products. 2. I like to help out others and prevent them from wasting money on junk products which there are many in this industry.

The other day I was sort of called out on a product review i did. I pride myself on my word and honesty. I have always been that way and will be to the day I die. If someone does not like my posts or reviews, scroll on by. But don't question my character.

Thanks and have a good day.

Angus
03-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Well, now that's a bummer - sorry to hear your character was called into question over a review.

Don't let this take the fun out of writing reviews for you. :dblthumb2:

Kamakaz1961
03-09-2017, 01:03 PM
Sorry to see someone would question your character based on a product you would receive for a review. IMO to receive a product from AGO or any other product AGO sells to me would be a GREAT HONOR! It shows that you have the experience and the objectivity to state whether that product is good or bad from your 1st hand experience.

I always say that Haters will always HATE. That's all that they know. These are the same people that are negative to anything...even breathing! They will find something wrong to that. I say they are not worth anything to worry about. They are just jealous and are losers.

I do not know you, however, I have seen enough of your posts to get a better idea about you and from what I can say....you have excellent character and integrity.

Carry on and Rock on with your reviews and your posts! And to all the haters....I can only say this....SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUPS!!

ronkh57
03-09-2017, 01:06 PM
I can feel for you...

Same happened to me.

Heisenberg
03-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Sorry to see someone would question your character based on a product you would receive for a review. IMO to receive a product from AGO or any other product AGO sells to me would be a GREAT HONOR! It shows that you have the experience and the objectivity to state whether that product is good or bad from your 1st hand experience.

I always say that Haters will always HATE. That's all that they know. These are the same people that are negative to anything...even breathing! They will find something wrong to that. I say they are not worth anything to worry about. They are just jealous and are losers.

I do not know you, however, I have seen enough of your posts to get a better idea about you and from what I can say....you have excellent character and integrity.

Carry on and Rock on with your reviews and your posts! And to all the haters....I can only say this....SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUPS!!

Agreed.

Who cares what those types of people think? Ignore 'em and move on. You're always going to have that degree of negative people, especially on the internet. It's entirely too easy to be a jerk online. There's a running joke over on Autopia about people being "shills" because of the same issue. It's almost like certain people think it's cool to be critical of products vs. enjoying them. It's bizarre.

brettS4
03-09-2017, 01:24 PM
I don't know the situation anyone here is referring to, but perhaps the thing is this...

We all know there is a correlation between perceived quality and price, and determine if something is a good value or not. If you have two identically performing products and one costs $100 while the other costs $1000, the cheap one will be lauded and the other one will be considered a rip-off, even tho the final effect is identical.

Perhaps the people making critical comments aren't intending to attack your character, but are suggesting a subconscious bias because the price was 'free'. It's like a reviewer saying "this is just ok for $200, but for $75 you should run out and buy it now!" or conversely, "a great deal at $75 but I'll pass at $200". The level of enthusiasm can change quite a bit based on the cost, even tho it's not intended.

I don't personally see much bias in reviews here, so I'm just throwing this viewpoint out there.

Ceerokz
03-09-2017, 01:24 PM
kill'm with kindness. Can't please everyone.

PaulMys
03-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Real quick. Any write up and review I do is always unbiased and done with honesty and integrity. I don't care if the product was given to me for free or what the circumstances are on how I received the product.

I do not appreciate my character being questioned on me receiving something "free" and assumptions that I automatically will rate it high due to that. If a product is sub par, I will definitely give my opinion on to how and why I came up with my conclusion. Trust me on that.

I do these reviews for a couple purposes. One, I enjoy testing out new products. 2. I like to help out others and prevent them from wasting money on junk products which there are many in this industry.

The other day I was sort of called out on a product review i did. I pride myself on my word and honesty. I have always been that way and will be to the day I die. If someone does not like my posts or reviews, scroll on by. But don't question my character.

Thanks and have a good day.

Pretty sure your reputation speaks for itself, Jeremy.

Anyone who would question it is just plain ignorant.

vanev
03-09-2017, 11:08 PM
i am not aware of the specific review you are referring to.
Not sure to what extent the criticism went.

I will suggest this.
Whether it is auto detail products, or any other product category on the market, it goes on quite a bit.
"It" being someone in a given industry receives a free product to test, and gives a favorable review of the product, irrespective of the product performance.

The motivation being that more free products may come from manufacturers, store fronts, distributors, online websites, etc....
Best case scenario it can lead to sponsorship and the availability of an entire product line without any cost to the one reviewing and representing the product.

I appreciate those that give unbiased and objective reviews.
Reviews where the results of product performance speaks for itself.
This is what brings credibility to the reviewer and offers accurate information to the consumer.

Keep up the good work.

MattPersman
03-10-2017, 06:54 AM
Not you but some of these people aren't consistently revealing they are teamed with or work for a certain company. Of course the product is great when they work for them. Most of these products are pretty good and they should be the products they are copying have already paved the way and did the R&D and teething stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk