PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here selling detailing services from their website?

Dan Tran
03-09-2017, 08:38 AM
Hi all!

I was just curious to see if anyone is currently doing this and actually having success on selling detailing services online from their website and also accepting payments online.

I have see this from a few detailing places from Googling around.

What advantages and disadvantages do you see?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

jdubs
03-09-2017, 09:19 AM
My only concern is not being able to see the vehicle prior to selling the service. I'm not convinced customers know what they need. I suppose you could sell basic car washes online with the ability to up sell in person.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
03-27-2017, 02:02 AM
I can see advantages of being able to get $ up front but in my line of work where I try to go for high paying details, I personally avoid posting my pricing on my page since there are a lot of variables in what I do and I almost always need some idea of condition prior to quoting.

If you're doing express type detail work like say wash and wax stuff - you could likely flat price that sight unseen based on vehicle size but I'd definitely consider having some sort of stipulation where if someone brings in a disaster (excess tar, road paint, excess overspray/sap etc) that a neglected fee would apply and be based on your in person judgement of what it needs. There's definitely benefits of having people pay up front - but you'd really want to make sure people understand prior to buying what it is they CAN and CAN NOT expect for the quoted price/service.