PDA

View Full Version : menzerna is awesome!!

dbrufus1234
11-20-2007, 06:15 PM
i just a tried out a test spot with the IP and FP and the results were amazing, but i notinced after i used IP with the orange pad that it looked ready for LSP, does that sound right?? i figured since IP was kinda aggressive i would have to use FP also

Detail_Guy
11-20-2007, 06:54 PM
i just a tried out a test spot with the IP and FP and the results were amazing, but i notinced after i used IP with the orange pad that it looked ready for LSP, does that sound right??

That's certainly possible, but I would go over it with the FP and a finishing pad... it should look REALLY nice after that.

slo-ryd
11-20-2007, 07:06 PM
One of the best products I've ever used..

budman3
11-20-2007, 07:24 PM
I may be alone but I can't stand Intensive Polish .... with a PC that is. I've been trying to use it for years but it is one of the most difficult polish to use. I do agree that it finishes down nicely and FP can only be used to fix any light micromarring that IP left behind, it has very minor correcting ability. These two products were the first Menzerna products that I tried 3-4 years ago and was/am quite disappointed. However, they are designed for a rotary and I don't have any complaints using FP with one.

supercharged
11-20-2007, 07:30 PM
i just a tried out a test spot with the IP and FP and the results were amazing, but i notinced after i used IP with the orange pad that it looked ready for LSP, does that sound right?? i figured since IP was kinda aggressive i would have to use FP also
Yep, Menzerna finishes LSP ready. However you will need to use a less aggressive polish after IP if you are detailing a black to "jewel" the surface.

slo-ryd
11-20-2007, 10:16 PM
I haven't had any issues with the Super Intensive or 106ff ? Dan did point out to me that the panels need to be cool. I found the Menz polishes to be much more user friendly than the dusty 3m polishes I was using.

gary26
11-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Feed back pleaseSo Menzerna polishes shouldn't be used with a PC polisher? Is it because the PC doesn't have enough umph to effectively use the polish correctly.

jesselyons2002
11-21-2007, 04:33 AM
Well Merzerna works both for the pc and rotary. With the pc it dusted a lot and you have you go at it the correction more. With rotary, it barely dusted and get done in less pass then the pc.

Z06-Goose
11-21-2007, 04:35 AM
If done right, Menzerna can finish LSP ready...
At least that has been my experience with PO85RD3.00 and PO85RD3.02

TOGWT
11-21-2007, 04:51 AM
Well Merzerna works both for the pc and rotary. With the pc it dusted a lot and you have you go at it the correction more. With rotary, it barely dusted and get done in less pass then the pc.

Diminishing abrasives require friction to activate them; they should not finish up dry (dusting) but will always have a hazy film to them. Wet polishes eliminate the friction heat caused by buffing; heat causes gloss loss.
Polish to a haze’- when a polish "flashes" from a liquid paste to a light semi-dry haze; its colour changes from the polish colour to almost transparent; the polish has then broken down and is ready for removal.

budman3
11-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Feed back pleaseSo Menzerna polishes shouldn't be used with a PC polisher? Is it because the PC doesn't have enough umph to effectively use the polish correctly.

I've had better experiences with Menzerna with a rotary. As you know the PC won't be as effective and you may not get maximum results. Plus the product may be like cement to remove which is a little peeve of mine. Those were my results with Intensive Polish and Final Polish (not 85u, the CMA one). I've had good luck with 106ff with the PC though.

gary26
11-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the feed back from all of you guys. I really appreciate the advise.