PDA

View Full Version : Mckee's High Def Paint Sealant Review

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jeremy1976
03-08-2017, 03:39 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170308/449dfed3c505d7551d4c0174ebc0e908.jpg

First off, as I always say, my reviews and write ups are always up front and honest. I value my name and would never put it on the line or vouch for crap products. This I promise!

Nick sent me a "goodies bag" with the 5 new Mckee's products in. I love testing out new things and letting you all know my professional opinion.

I had a Town & Country mini van in the shop today. RW with N-914, clayed, then applied the High Def Sealant. Product is thick. Has a nice pleasant smell, and lays out nice. I applied it with my Flex 3401 and black pad. Took me a total of 15 minutes or so to completely cover the entire van. I then let it sit when I went at the Interior. I generally do this to be as efficient as I can. Approximately 45 minutes later I buffed it off. It came off super nice and easy and left behind a VERY smooth glass like high shine finish!

Ease of application: 10
Smell: 8
Ease of removal: 10
Shine/gloss: 9
Smoothness/glide: 9

I obviously have no longevity rating. I will update this thread and get a picture and video of water sheeting and beading when I see it again in fall.

Initial impression: Excellent!

Mckee's in my opinion is a great professional line that will give you great results at a great price!

Enjoy the day and thanks for reading!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Detailsbydaniel
03-08-2017, 03:50 PM
The new McKees products look like home runs so far. I will have to pick up a bottle when my current sealant runs out. Nick is making me want to revamp my shelf with all the great reviews on everything. Good honest review sir. Hope you have a good birthday sir.

DaveT435
03-08-2017, 04:01 PM
I just ordered 6 of the new products. The cockpit glass cleaner looks interesting. That one could be a game changer IMO. EVERYONE hates interior glass lol.Maybe there is already something out there like it? If so I haven't seen it.

DaveT435
03-08-2017, 04:04 PM
I assume the Hydro Blue is like Hydro2 Lite and not regular Hydro2??

Angus
03-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the review! Lots of new and exciting stuff from McKee's today :)

Justin at Final Inspection
03-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Nice review. I still have to try out the rest of the new products. There sitting on my shelf.

glfnaz
03-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the review. I said it earlier today in a different thread, but it bears repeating. McKees 37 is a line that is really impressing me and is very reasonably priced. When I see how it impresses pro detailers on this board I know it has to be good enough for a hobbyist like me.

Sicoupe
03-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Great review buddy! Thanks for sharing.

Kyle

VISITOR
03-08-2017, 08:00 PM
thanks for the review and happy birthday!

hoyt66
03-08-2017, 08:16 PM
Thank you for the review. I need some more sealant. Just finishing Pinnacle Black Label, Love WGDGS hmmmmmmm???

Marc08EX
03-08-2017, 08:43 PM
Thanks for your review Jeremy!

mwoywod
03-08-2017, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the review!! I noticed the description on AG doesn't indicate whether or not it stains plastic, rubber, vinyl trim. Do you have any insight on it's ability to be used these other exterior surfaces? Thank you very much Jeremy!

AZpolisher15
03-08-2017, 11:52 PM
Something I noticed in the ad copy:
"Avoid exposure to water for at least 6 hours and avoid washing for 1 full week"

I've never seen --avoid washing for a week-- as part of the instructions for any other paint sealer. Is this a new one to you guys, too?

craigdt
03-08-2017, 11:55 PM
That is interesting.
I'd really like to hear some new scientific information about the curing time and process instead of the same old tired "24 hours" story.

Edit- spelling

Nick McKees37
03-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the review!! I noticed the description on AG doesn't indicate whether or not it stains plastic, rubber, vinyl trim. Do you have any insight on it's ability to be used these other exterior surfaces? Thank you very much Jeremy!

I'll chime in if you don't mind.... :)

For 95% of applications, it will not stain plastic trim. However, (and I say this for EVERY wax or sealant), errr on the side of caution.

What I would recommend is that you apply McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer first. That way, if any sealant does get on the plastic trim, it will wipe right off.

Something I noticed in the ad copy:
"Avoid exposure to water for at least 6 hours and avoid washing for 1 full week"

I've never seen --avoid washing for a week-- as part of the instructions for any other paint sealer. Is this a new one to you guys, too?

I'm glad you pointed that out. High Def Paint Sealant contains some of the "good stuff" found in McKee's 37 Paint Coating, so it's going to take a full week before it's 100% cured. Can it get wet within that time frame? With exception to the first 6 hours after being applied, the vehicle can absolutely get wet. However, it's not recommended that you wash the vehicle (not that you would need to anyway because nothing sticks to the paint ;) ).

That is interesting.
I'd really like to hear some new scientific information about the curing time and process instead of the same old tired "24 hours" story.

Edit- spelling

Think paint, thin-set, concrete, etc. There's a whole mess of chemical reactions taking place during the curing process. :dblthumb2: