PDA

View Full Version : Need new foam pads..which ones.

BTLew81
03-07-2017, 11:14 PM
At one time I had stocked up big time on some of flat pads for my gg6. Well, it's time to buy some new pads. What do you all suggest? Looks like a lot of new options, and I'm a bit out of the loop. Thanks in advance.

Coopers ST
03-07-2017, 11:18 PM
5.5" Boss pads is my recommendation.

VISITOR
03-07-2017, 11:43 PM
also (great choice as well ^), the lake country thinpro pads are great too...

AZpolisher15
03-07-2017, 11:50 PM
The BOSS pads are NICE.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/griot%92s-garage-polishers-boss-6-da-3-da/107564-griots-6-gg6-5-5-boss-pads.html

Mantilgh
03-08-2017, 12:32 AM
I just picked up some of the BOSS pads over the holidays so I have limited experience with them.

But here's what I can say so far.

The BOSS Microfiber pads are also nice depending on what your needs are.

They cut and finish well on harder paint. The fibers don't seem to get matted together which is nice if you don't have an air supply.

I haven't tried them on soft paint yet.

The white and orange BOSS foam cutting pads are different than the flat pad style foam (LC?). They are much stiffer!

I haven't used them much yet but some say they soften up some once you get going. I'm used to LC flat pads so it's a little odd/different.

If you're happy with the flat pads, LC or B&S, you could just stick with them for the lighter work, and get a stack of microfiber ones for heavier stuff. The flat pads are good value and are still good pads.

ThinPros are supposed be good. The gray cutting pad is said to stiff also.

Eldorado2k
03-08-2017, 12:38 AM
The BOSS Microfiber pads are also nice depending on what your needs are.

They cut and finish well on harder paint. The fibers don't seem to get matted together which is nice if you don't have an air supply.

I still regret not choosing 6 Boss Microfiber pads with my G21 kit. I'd swap them for the foams in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk