PDA

View Full Version : Detailer Down!

Pages : [1] 2

Justin at Final Inspection
03-07-2017, 08:43 AM
Well I have been having a bad streak lately with health which isn`t good. Sunday I was finishing up reinstalling the lower and upper intake manifold on my Grand Prix GT and my back let go. Ended up having some bad back pain. So I was managing it and then came down with that dreaded norovirus yesterday afternoon. My wife ended up getting me to the hospital to get some IV fluids since I was very dehydrated from emptying my body.

As I type this I am feeling a bit better but unfortunately I can`t take anything right now for my back so that`s bothering bad.

Wish me luck with a speedy recovery!

natewood70
03-07-2017, 08:49 AM
Feel better, Justin.... Norovirus is no fun at all!

I have a herniated & bulging disc in my lumbar spine and find that laying down on my side with a pillow between my knees in the fetal position really helps to relax my lower back (if that's where your pain is). Flare ups in pain only happen occasionally as the day to day pain was taken care of through physical therapy that focused on core strengthening.

briarpatch
03-07-2017, 09:02 AM
get better soon, man....that virus is nothing to fool with...neither are back issues

Mantilgh
03-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Get better man, it would suck to have that with the back pain.

I just got over it. Wife picked it up, sick Saturday, I started feeling it that night, and my boy got it next. Man, it sucked the life out of me(or forced it out of me) for a couple of days.

Good luck

Mike Phillips
03-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

:dblthumb2:

Hammer77
03-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Best of luck to you Justin, I pray that you are able to heal and move on in a timely fashion, take care of yourself Bro!

Marc08EX
03-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Get well soon Justin and take care.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery man!

This should be a lesson for those full time guys to always plan for these types of situations. Having at LEAST a month and a half of expenses and bills put away is crucial.

Knozzmoeking
03-07-2017, 10:42 AM
I know not everyone believes in chiropractic but as a long time back sufferer, I'm willing to bet that if you find one in your area who uses the following technique you will be happy.

https://www.activator.com

Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

oneheadlite
03-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery on both fronts!

Don't have a frame of reference for norovirus (and hope to keep it that way), but can sympathize on the back front. Working on cars as a career, I haven't taken as good of care of myself as I should. I've had fits with both shoulders where I'd end up with certain ranges of motion I'd have to work around or have huge pain. I've also been near sidelined by my back where I'd get shooting pain that would literally drop me.

Doctors have been no help with my shoulders, sticking to the "Have some (wicked) pain meds and some muscle relaxants" (Um, No. Tell me why my shoulder hurts, don't make me forget it hurts...); my back got ironed out with a few month rehab with a Chiropracter/physical therapy regimen.

If time allowed, I'd get back into my yoga practice I had 8ish years ago, as that was THE BEST I've ever felt. Enough about me being broken, I guess I'm just trying to say make sure to think big picture with your back/body - it's not just one thing that fixes it; it's thw whole package of strength + flexibility + awareness.

Hope you're back in Polishin' shape soon!

John

Matt3400
03-07-2017, 11:02 AM
I just had back surgery at the end of December (massive herniated disc between L4-L5) that was causing nerve pain down the left leg. Didn't really sleep for 3 months, but thankfully surgery cured all my symptoms. Take it easy, back pain is no flippin fun.

DetailKitty
03-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Wow, get better soon Justin!

And everyone else on here dealing with issues!

I was diagnosed with a torn labrum and early arthritis in my hips. But I just had to stop running and I'm ok :xyxthumbs:

Paul A.
03-07-2017, 11:29 AM
I hope you feel better soon, Justin. Detailing will still be there when you do. Take care of yourself first and rest a bit.

Justin at Final Inspection
03-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement! As for the virus, that's on its way out and I am feeling a bit better just tired. Unfortunately not being able to risk taking anything for my back has been more frustrating than anything.

coles_paint_correction
03-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Damn man hope you get better, that's one thing about this detailing thing we all love is our back takes a toll specially on the top of cars.
Only think i can think of is to stay light and see chiropractor every now and then and no sudden jerky movements.