PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Tire cleaner

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AZpolisher15
03-05-2017, 02:01 AM
I'm looking for a Tire cleaner that won't contribute to long term damage (i.e. Cracking or drying out Rubber). You guys have a favorite? The McKee's Tire and Rubber Rejuvenator looks interesting and I'll probably pick that up. But I'd like to know about some of your other favorites. Thanks! (Personal/family vehicles only and willing to use a Tire brush).

etnops
03-05-2017, 02:12 AM
I'm looking for a Tire cleaner that won't contribute to long term damage (i.e. Cracking or drying out Rubber). You guys have a favorite? The McKee's Tire and Rubber Rejuvenator looks interesting and I'll probably pick that up. But I'd like to know about some of your other favorites. Thanks! (Personal/family vehicles only and willing to use a Tire brush).

Tuf Shine, without question...for a deep cleaning. Coupled with their tire brush, and a pressure washer (which really makes a difference), have found no equal. M37 tire cleaner is excellent also, but the better value is in the Tuf Shine concentrate.

Normal cleanings, Meguiars D143 is quite effective.

Griots Rubber Prep is effective, but it's a solvent. Same deal with Laquer Thinner...it's REALLY effective, but probably not a safe choice for frequent use.

Personally, just use Tuf Shine and am very happy with it.

hoyt66
03-05-2017, 05:36 AM
Tuff shine is the best I have used.

Eldorado2k
03-05-2017, 06:53 AM
Does the Tuf Shine gallon concentrate work just as well as the RTU gallon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DogRescuer
03-05-2017, 07:03 AM
Megs super degreaser.

PA DETAILER
03-05-2017, 07:54 AM
The only tire cleaner I have used that strips old dressing, and gets a tire 100% clean is MOTHERS TIRE RENEW.

Mothers Back to Black Tire Renew, tire cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-back-to-black-tire-renew.html)

DogRescuer
03-05-2017, 08:14 AM
So you don't scrub?

The only tire cleaner I have used that strips old dressing, and gets a tire 100% clean is MOTHERS TIRE RENEW.

Mothers Back to Black Tire Renew, tire cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-back-to-black-tire-renew.html)

ski2
03-05-2017, 08:17 AM

And you don't need to wash it off with water--I just spray, wipe with a throw away towel and then apply your dressing. I find dressings last twice as long after cleaning with Mothers.

DogRescuer
03-05-2017, 08:20 AM
So why only 24oz sold?

LittleKing24
03-05-2017, 09:18 AM

Im surprised this product hasn't gained more popularity. It works great, and is the only dedicated tire cleaner that I'm aware of that is rinseless wash friendly. My only suggestion would be to buy a bunch of cheap, dedicated towels for the process.

Eldorado2k
03-05-2017, 09:22 AM
Forget towels... Can't it be used like a regular tire cleaner? Scrub & rinse?

FUNX650
03-05-2017, 11:21 AM
-Tuf Shine
-S100/P21S Wheel Cleaners
-P21S TAW
-Mothers Foaming Wheel & Tire Cleaner

Bob

PA DETAILER
03-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Forget towels... Can't it be used like a regular tire cleaner? Scrub & rinse?

I have used it with a tire brush with no ill results.

mwoywod
03-05-2017, 11:53 AM
Mckee's 37+ cleanse all exterior cleaner is great for deep cleaning tires and trim but for gentle tire cleaning/maintenance I use OPC 7:1.....if that dilution isn't good for you it is still completely safe at any dilution including undiluted. For customer i typically used super degreaser 5:1 which seems pretty safe for tires and foams very well allowing you to scrub as long as needed. But for my tires, OPC at 7:1 is all I need to remove Optimum Protectant Plus.

Personally I've never purchased a dedicated tire cleaner. Its important to me that I purchase cleaners that are equally effective on all exterior surfaces including paint and can even be diluted down and used on interior surfaces including leather. MK 37 cleanse-all exterior cleaner is the only exception to that rule, but it is by far the strongest cleaner I've found for cleaning neglected tires and trim that have years of built up grease from using oil based dressings.

golliger
03-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Mckee's 37+ cleanse all exterior cleaner is great for deep cleaning tires and trim but for gentle tire cleaning/maintenance I use OPC 7:1.....if that dilution isn't good for you it is still completely safe at any dilution including undiluted. For customer i typically used super degreaser 5:1 which seems pretty safe for tires and foams very well allowing you to scrub as long as needed. But for my tires, OPC at 7:1 is all I need to remove Optimum Protectant Plus.

Personally I've never purchased a dedicated tire cleaner. Its important to me that I purchase cleaners that are equally effective on all exterior surfaces including paint and can even be diluted down and used on interior surfaces including leather. MK 37 cleanse-all exterior cleaner is the only exception to that rule, but it is by far the strongest cleaner I've found for cleaning neglected tires and trim that have years of built up grease from using oil based dressings.

Do you use OPP on tires?