PDA

View Full Version : Swirled out mess corrected

nimrod
03-04-2017, 08:22 PM
I've been doing paint correction work on my wife's Yukon for about the last week,as the title says, it was a total swirled out mess. She takes it(or should I say used to take it) through a car wash where they would wash the car with brushes before to went through the "touchless tunnel"! The car wash was on her route to and from work, so she would stop there. I wish I would have taken before pictures but I did not, but trust me this thing was so bad that the paint looked hazy. Anyway, it's not perfect, but it looks great! I used Meguires Ultimate compound, followed by ultimate polish, and as of this writing, I didn't wax yet,but I plan on using ultimate wax. All applied using a G110 DA polisher, and a lot of microfiber towels. I am going to attempt to post some after http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/webkit-fake-url://244ffbe2-71d6-4832-81f7-a4ff48051d77/imagejpegpictures

Sicoupe
03-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Looks great my friend!

Chevyguy95
03-04-2017, 10:30 PM
I have the same sport red! Buy some griot's garage best of show wax and paint clarity will be amazing!

fightnews
03-05-2017, 03:50 AM
looks great man. just so you know i think ultimate polish has some fillers in it that hide the swirls. prob wont matter anyway the uc does a good job

nimrod
03-05-2017, 08:15 PM
I'll keep that in mind, still, it looked pretty good after the compound. I just bought a kit from autogeek featuring swirl removing products from Wolf Gang, along with pads and a few microfiber towels, I am going to use that on my Silverado.