PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z-2

Pages : [1] 2

Jmbrown415
03-03-2017, 01:27 PM
So just finished with my new sealant.

as I have a solid black colour used it will poorboys black hole, which of course was done prior to sealing the paint.

decided to go for Zaino Z-2 for my sealant, it was incredibly good.

previously used jetseal109 which now feels like a bit of a rip off.

does anyone have any experience with the duration or zaino Z-2? They recommend topping up every three months...

have applied just the one coat to start.

thanks
Justib

Eric@CherryOnTop
03-03-2017, 02:46 PM
Isn't sold why AG so against the rules to discuss on the forum. Maybe look into Blackfire or Wolfgang sealants, both top of the line.

MikeC78
03-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Yep, autogeek rules dont let us discuss competitor products. You can always go to the sister site, Autopia and discuss as you please. I'm also sure you wont get too much feedback, as everyone I know left Zaino 20yrs ago for much improved products found right here in the autogeek store. ;)

Rsurfer
03-03-2017, 04:49 PM
Yep, autogeek rules dont let us discuss competitor products. You can always go to the sister site, Autopia and discuss as you please. I'm also sure you wont get too much feedback, as everyone I know left Zaino 20yrs ago for much improved products found right here in the autogeek store. ;)

Well I wouldn't say 20 yrs. ago, but maybe 10 years ago. LOL!

Klasse Act
03-03-2017, 06:17 PM
Duragloss is a great replacement for Z, to start with and after that the sky's the limit!

FUNX650
03-03-2017, 06:21 PM
So glad I never fell for
any of Zaino's puffery.

Bob

Trip
03-03-2017, 06:45 PM
^I was on the Zaino train for years, over 40 coats on my car. It did last quite a long time. After joining here and Autopia I hoped onto the Polish Angel train. By far one of the best coatings I have ever used. Your car still looks great. Use what you have until your done reading the thousands of pages on Autogeek. So many options Wolfgang products are my next purchase for my wife's vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Klasse Act
03-03-2017, 07:36 PM
So glad I never fell for
any of Zaino's puffery.

Bob
...and your a Corvette guy too, that's amazing actually [emoji57]

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

MattPersman
03-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Nothing wrong with zaino other than it's not sold here. Stands up to top sealants still to this day

Car looks good should get several months out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlmccarty2000
03-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Zaino is sold on Autopia, so technically not against the rules to speak the name.

FUNX650
03-03-2017, 07:56 PM
...and your a Corvette guy too,
that's amazing actually

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_2408.PNG

^^^Bob^^^

MikeC78
03-03-2017, 08:04 PM
Zaino is sold on Autopia, so technically not against the rules to speak the name.

Really? I sure cant find it. Duragloss, yes.

vobro
03-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Really? I sure cant find it. Duragloss, yes.
May be confusing Zaino with Zymol

custmsprty
03-03-2017, 09:04 PM

No, it's actually not sold on Autopia Car care. :cool:

I used it over a decade ago, never bought into the multi layering bs.

One of my pictures is still their on the website, shows you how old that whole deal is. The black 2003 Porsche Turbo in their photo section is my work. That's one coat.

cyclops
03-03-2017, 10:51 PM
As an ex Zanio head can tell you 6 months for a garage queen is about right. Really did like the Zaino product line tried everything they had, loved most like Z2, others not so much.
The one thing I did not like was the lack of any quantity discount, 1 bottle or 24 bottles, same unit price and no discount. What made me jump ship was the fact that the last new product was introduced in 2007 and no improvements to the other products. Zaino can not compete with todays coatings

Changing to a new product can be confusing but also worth it. Just keep reading the forum, ask questions and you might just find something you really like.