PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a ALL-IN-ONE that can fill spidermarks

Pages : [1] 2

Levithan9
03-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Hey guys...

My boss wants me to clean up her Suburban a little. Due to time constraints, doing a full paint correction is not in the cards. Basically a wash , claybar and wax. Looking at her paint, she has these spidermarks all over the truck.

So. i'm looking for recommendations on a ALL-IN-ONE that can fill the swirl marks and make the truck look decent.

If i had my way, i'd get a full 3 step paint correction....but that IF i had my way.

jdubs
03-03-2017, 10:15 AM
Something like HD Speed would be a one step that would potentially remove at least some of the swirls pictured. I haven't gotten to try my bottle yet, but everyone here seems to love the stuff.

Toxix
03-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Menzerna has an all in one now. Cut polish and wax. I haven't used it.
But for a solid cutting 1-step with good ability, I'd go for anything Menzerna Medium Cut line.

Setec Astronomy
03-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Doesn't this cry out for CarPro Essence? Or Essence Plus?

CarPro US has an off-label use for Essence Plus on their website:

"However… over the course of development, Essence PLUS grew into something… unexpected but equally satisfying! It is not coated… but uncoated paint that finds its way into the “cross-hairs” of Essence PLUS!

With Essence PLUS, we introduce you to the first NON-abrasive solution to repair fine swirls, when an abrasive correction is not in the cards! While increasing the gloss, Essence PLUS simultaneously cleanses the surface, leaving a “smooth as glass” feel and amazing hydrophobic properties!"

Justin at Final Inspection
03-03-2017, 10:30 AM
HD Speed all the way. Used with a orange pad it will add clarity and gloss.

Paul A.
03-03-2017, 11:27 AM
I would absolutely want to hit that red paint with HD Speed, orange pad and my Flex 3401.

Justin at Final Inspection
03-03-2017, 11:54 AM
Here's what speed can do on a BOSS 21 and orange LC pro thin pad

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g173/camaro00/IMG_20161231_135050804_zpsro11w9qq.jpg (http://s56.photobucket.com/user/camaro00/media/IMG_20161231_135050804_zpsro11w9qq.jpg.html)

Levithan9
03-03-2017, 11:55 AM
HD Speed ordered.

Thanks guys.

The Guz
03-03-2017, 12:28 PM
In a pinch Meguiar's Mirror Bright polishing wax works well and is available locally. Works very well with a cutting pad.

If they just want a wash clay wax then look up wash, clay, wax on the rag company youtube channel.

MattPersman
03-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Yeah that gm with speed or 360 on a MF pad would work great foam would work too but a MF pad if you have one is what I would test spot with.

Remember the test spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt3400
03-03-2017, 02:08 PM
Another vote for HD Speed. I've also had success with Duragloss Total Performance Polish.

TMQ
03-03-2017, 02:20 PM
Gus,
Thanks for the pointing out the youtube. I really like the ONR 1 step process!!! I was wondering if I could do the same with other products like the McKee's 914, using microfiber towel and then nanoskin towel. Only thing is finding a wax spray that can use as lube completing a system as a one step. Doable?

Reason I'm asking is I have McKee's stuff in my shopping cart to start out. But I'm wondering if I should just go with ONR complete system.

Tom

The Guz
03-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Gus,
Thanks for the pointing out the youtube. I really like the ONR 1 step process!!! I was wondering if I could do the same with other products like the McKee's 914, using microfiber towel and then nanoskin towel. Only thing is finding a wax spray that can use as lube completing a system as a one step. Doable?

Reason I'm asking is I have McKee's stuff in my shopping cart to start out. But I'm wondering if I should just go with ONR complete system.

Tom

You could ask Nick if fast wax can be used in the same manner as optimum car wax.

Nor Cal ZL1
03-03-2017, 06:32 PM
Doesn't this cry out for CarPro Essence? Or Essence Plus?

CarPro US has an off-label use for Essence Plus on their website:

"However… over the course of development, Essence PLUS grew into something… unexpected but equally satisfying! It is not coated… but uncoated paint that finds its way into the “cross-hairs” of Essence PLUS!

With Essence PLUS, we introduce you to the first NON-abrasive solution to repair fine swirls, when an abrasive correction is not in the cards! While increasing the gloss, Essence PLUS simultaneously cleanses the surface, leaving a “smooth as glass” feel and amazing hydrophobic properties!"

Yes it does, I would probably go for it, but I have both already, so it would be essence then essence plus..... but essence plus is fantastic..I love both products!

rlmccarty2000
03-03-2017, 07:52 PM
Essence with a microfiber cutting pad. Removes and fills.