PDA

View Full Version : M205 with mf?

Krohnj94
03-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Has anyone had great success with using M205 along with megs finishing microfiber disc? How well do it Finish out?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

dlc95
03-03-2017, 09:01 AM
I love it!

Finishes beautifully. I used it on a white Land Rover Suv. It cut ridiculously fast, and left a great finish. My typical "one step" is M205, Ultimate Polish, or Rupes Keramik on Buff and Shine, Meguiar's or Rupes microfiber finishing pads.

DetailKitty
03-03-2017, 09:42 AM
I haven't used M205 with a microfiber pad yet but now I want to :dblthumb2:

The Guz
03-03-2017, 11:16 AM
If you need a one step correction then it works fine depending on the hardness of the paint. On softer paints it can leave hazing behind due to the abrasives in the product and the fibers on the pad acting as an abrasive. M205 still tends to finishes out better on foam than on microfiber.

The D302 polish contains no abrasives so it will tend to finish out better than M205.

What are you trying to accomplish?

RaskyR1
03-03-2017, 11:26 AM
It's a great cutting Como but IMO it should to be followed with foam to finish out flawlessly...lots of variables though and it may be fine on some harder clears.

Krohnj94
03-03-2017, 04:06 PM
If you need a one step correction then it works fine depending on the hardness of the paint. On softer paints it can leave hazing behind due to the abrasives in the product and the fibers on the pad acting as an abrasive. M205 still tends to finishes out better on foam than on microfiber.

The D302 polish contains no abrasives so it will tend to finish out better than M205.

What are you trying to accomplish?

I do have D300 D301 and also D302 Only reason I ask is because I love microfiber pads and there cutting ability and just wanna see how many different combos I could use with them

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

The Guz
03-03-2017, 04:56 PM
I do have D300 D301 and also D302 Only reason I ask is because I love microfiber pads and there cutting ability and just wanna see how many different combos I could use with them

For harder paints it works good for a one step. On softer paints it will haze and leave marring behind.

Joel1979
03-03-2017, 11:32 PM
I love it!

Finishes beautifully. I used it on a white Land Rover Suv. It cut ridiculously fast, and left a great finish. My typical "one step" is M205, Ultimate Polish, or Rupes Keramik on Buff and Shine, Meguiar's or Rupes microfiber finishing pads.

I havent used mf finishing pads much, just Rupes ones once. Is there much difference between bns, rupes and megs mf finishing in terms of cutting and finishing?

dlc95
03-04-2017, 04:03 AM
I havent used mf finishing pads much, just Rupes ones once. Is there much difference between bns, rupes and megs mf finishing in terms of cutting and finishing?

Yes, absolutely. The Meguiar's mf is more aggressive than either of the B&S, or Rupes. The B&S is probably going to be the best finisher of all of them only because of the soft backing. The Rupes had a harder backing, but extremely fine fibers.

The Rupes pads are my favorite though. I have the most seat time with them, and consider them to be the most versatile as far as their cut to finish ratio.

Consider that the Megs mf was designed to give a very gentle finishing wax some cut, and that the Rupes was designed to work with a fine abrasive Polish. The B&S was designed to be used universally, with a variety of products.