PDA

View Full Version : Applying Cockpit Trim Sealant

AuroraDetailing
03-02-2017, 09:56 PM
So I'm a big WG fanboy now, but mostly just using their LSPs, moved onto Uber Rinseless Wash, and keep getting impressed. I haven't tried any trim dressings because I bought gallons of CG Silk Shine and Blue Guard II. Just now running out of both. But I absolutely love Silk Shine, and a gallon of it is only $5 more than the 8oz WG trim sealant. I don't mind getting it and marketing it as a premium product, but I'm just worried about the working time and getting every nook and cranny. When using Silk Shine, I use a 1" paint brush that gets sprayed with product, and I hit every seem and crevice that the terry cloth applicator sponge wont reach. I don't have to worry about how evenly it goes on or how long it sits. I'll apply it in 4 sections, basically sitting in each seat to reach what I can, then go back in the same order to wipe it all dry and rub it in. The directions for the WG says to wipe within 2 minutes to have less shine, which is what I like to see. I think a satin finish looks best. So what I'm wondering, is if anyone has applied it with a brush for the tight spots and not have any issues with runs or uneven looking coverage. I like easy to use products that don't become too adversely affected by direct sunlight because I do a lot of mobile detailing in parking lots where people work, and don't want to be bothered trying to rig up an effective awning with other cars parked around. I've seen the reviews about the finish of the product, but want to hear some feedback on the application if I could.

Setec Astronomy
03-02-2017, 10:20 PM
It's kind of like a WOWA sealant, and you can get high spots with it. It's not the product I would use for how you are describing your situation.

AuroraDetailing
03-02-2017, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I may still try it out for the ones I do at the shop.