PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and mentor needed

Pages : [1] 2

Gimmeyo
03-02-2017, 02:17 PM
Hello all! I am interested in taking some auto detailing classes. I have a pretty solid 9-5 job now so not really interested in quitting my day job. Just wanting to get a little deeper into taking care of my own cars. Haven’t decided which class to take because they all seem to be out of state and pretty expensive. I am also researching into which ones offer a complete training course. By complete I mean detailing the engine, cleaning carpets, windows, claying, wet sanding, paint correction etc. Until then I am thinking about finding a local detailer that could take me under their wing and show me a few things. I would prefer to actually use my own car to work on. That way if I damage something it would be on me. Anyone in the Atlanta area available and patient enough to help out? Also open to hearing recommendations on classes. Thanks!

ronkh57
03-02-2017, 02:32 PM
hi

Cruzscarwash
03-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Competition ready taught by Mike Phillips will be the best class and it's not to far from you compared to others.

car detailing class, how to detail a car instructional class, mike phillips detailing class, best detailing classes for detailing (http://www.autogeek.net/detailing-boot-camp.html)

:xyxthumbs:

RaydiantDetail
03-02-2017, 02:57 PM
Hi Gimmeyo,

I am in the Atlanta area. If you ever have any questions you can feel free to PM me.
I would also suggest if you can Mike Phillips Competition ready class. I plan on taking it at some point myself.
You will also learn a ton from the forum members on here as well and Mike has some fantastic videos on almost every aspect of detailing you mentioned.

Gimmeyo
03-02-2017, 03:29 PM
I was looking at that as well. Not too far at all. Have you taken the class? Seems like a lot of people for just one person. From the pictures it appears more students are standing around than actually hands on. Is it anytime for one on one? What happens if you need more help in an area than someone else? Do they just move on and you figure it out later?

11Frontier
03-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Too bad they didn't do the travelling detail class road show they were talking about doing. That would have been good for you as well.

I really was looking forward to them.

Mike@ShineStruck
03-02-2017, 03:56 PM
They may be standing around here and there..but trust me, they all all put the grind in. There's around 16 cars to do in 3 days
Theres also 2 cars getting detailed at the same time so also consider that some are done before ogther group while pictures are being taken
This class Is worth it
Ive taken 2 diffeent seminars so far..and this is the only one I cab recommend

Mike@ShineStruck
03-02-2017, 03:58 PM
I was looking at that as well. Not too far at all. Have you taken the class? Seems like a lot of people for just one person. From the pictures it appears more students are standing around than actually hands on. Is it anytime for one on one? What happens if you need more help in an area than someone else? Do they just move on and you figure it out later?

Ask, You also learn from your fellow peers there too Ive ga ve people some tips as they did with me

Mike Phillips
03-02-2017, 04:19 PM
Seems like a lot of people for just one person.

From the pictures it appears more students are standing around than actually hands on. Is it anytime for one on one?

I make sure everyone gets tons of hands-on time. Getting ready to post the pictures from the last class. This is also why I bring in HUGE cars.

What happens if you need more help in an area than someone else?

Do they just move on and you figure it out later?

I constantly walk around as the class is working and

Watch your technique
Ask you if you have any questions or need any help

I've been doing this for 30 years... I've got it down pretty good...

They may be standing around here and there..but trust me, they all all put the grind in.

Mike aka nothingface attended the September class and he knows first hand there's very LITTLE standing around time.

I have an entire page of testimonies from people that have attended the classes over the years and there's not a complain in them...

There's around 16 cars to do in 3 days

Theres also 2 cars getting detailed at the same time so also consider that some are done before ogther group while pictures are being taken

That's correct. In the last class we did 15 so it fluctuates a little tiny bit.

This class Is worth it

Ive taken 2 diffeent seminars so far..and this is the only one I cab recommend

Wow!

Thanks Mike.

Looking forward to working with you again on our TV show for these cars...

2017 Detail Fest Custom Car Builders Challenge for the Detailer's Cup (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/competition-ready-velocity-channel/108085-2017-detail-fest-custom-car-builders-challenge-detailers-cup.html)

:)

Automoglow
03-02-2017, 04:30 PM
Welcome

TMQ
03-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Read this. If that doesn't get you excited, nothing will!

Tom

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/108106-how-mike-phillips-competition-ready-detailing-class-has-changed-my-life-so.html

Gimmeyo
03-02-2017, 05:22 PM
Hi Gimmeyo,

I am in the Atlanta area. If you ever have any questions you can feel free to PM me.
I would also suggest if you can Mike Phillips Competition ready class. I plan on taking it at some point myself.
You will also learn a ton from the forum members on here as well and Mike has some fantastic videos on almost every aspect of detailing you mentioned.

You have time to show me some things? Willing to do the work if we can work out a deal.

Gimmeyo
03-02-2017, 05:27 PM
I make sure everyone gets tons of hands-on time. Getting ready to post the pictures from the last class. This is also why I bring in HUGE cars.

I constantly walk around as the class is working and

Watch your technique
Ask you if you have any questions or need any help

I've been doing this for 30 years... I've got it down pretty good...

Mike aka nothingface attended the September class and he knows first hand there's very LITTLE standing around time.

I have an entire page of testimonies from people that have attended the classes over the years and there's not a complain in them...

That's correct. In the last class we did 15 so it fluctuates a little tiny bit.

Wow!

Thanks Mike.

Looking forward to working with you again on our TV show for these cars...

2017 Detail Fest Custom Car Builders Challenge for the Detailer's Cup (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/competition-ready-velocity-channel/108085-2017-detail-fest-custom-car-builders-challenge-detailers-cup.html)

:)

Nice! The reviews look awesome. I didn't realize they had that many cars to work on. Seems like plenty of "hands on" training is available. Really looks like this might be the class for me. Going to see if I can work this into my schedule.

Gimmeyo
03-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Read this. If that doesn't get you excited, nothing will!

Tom

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/108106-how-mike-phillips-competition-ready-detailing-class-has-changed-my-life-so.html

WoW! Nice info

SANTA3013
03-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Welcome to AG! Sent you a PM.