PDA

View Full Version : PPF prep on 3 yr old vehicle

originalgoods13
02-28-2017, 11:40 PM
Hello all!

I recently decided to do a full front end Paint Protection Film, I have a full bumper cover when I got the vehicle a few years ago.

The decontamination is what I am puzzled about. I am thinking of doing:

-CarPro TRIX and gently massage problem spots with a foam sponge
-Isopropyl alcohol on baked on sap
-CarPro Reset
-Light polish with FG400 and SF4500

I want the quickest yet quality decontamination without heavy marring from clay before I hand it over to the PPF guys

Many thanks!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Guyb
03-01-2017, 12:06 AM
I am not a PPF installer but I believe the installer will remove any sealant, wax or coating that you may have on the car. Does your car really need the FG400? Hopefully a film guy will chime in for you.

PrestigeAutoPolish
03-03-2017, 07:51 PM
As a force of habit I ALWAYS clay the car prior or polishing and would recommend doing the same. At XPEL we were trained to wipe the surface down with a "xylene based grease and wax remover" prior to laying down film. Depending on the film it will fill some of the swirls but I would recommend correcting the whole panel prior to getting film put on as any later polishing will leave a permanent line after the film is removed. FG400 may be a bit much for this new of a car but it's to hard to tell without knowing more about your machinery and paint condition [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)