PDA

View Full Version : Incredible

Mike Phillips
02-28-2017, 11:54 AM
Incredible

This forum group is for tips and techniques on how to interact on a forum.

Yet when I click on this group and look at it. After the stickies what I see is

Detailing questions

If you have questions on detailing, post them to this forum group...

Auto Detailing 101 (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/)

:dunno:

ducksfan
02-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Not cool to title a thread like like that and not deliver up a new product or tool.

ViperGuy21
02-28-2017, 12:28 PM
Not cool to title a thread like like that and not deliver up a new product or tool.

Yeah lol, I was expecting something a little bigger haha

Setec Astronomy
02-28-2017, 12:29 PM
I think sometimes people are in a forum section (like this one), and want to start a new thread, and go to the Forum Tools dropdown and start a new thread without realizing it will be in the forum they are browsing. I know I did that once or twice back 100 years ago when I was new to forums.

I mean maybe they even browsed to this sub-forum, read the thread "How To Start A New Thread On A Discussion Forum...", hit the back button, which brought them back to the "Tips, Techniques, and How-To Articles for Interacting on Discussion Forums" sub-Forum, and started a new thread from there.

I understand your frustration in trying to help people and maybe missing a detailing thread because it's in the wrong place.

Angus
02-28-2017, 12:30 PM
Click bait score 1000X - got me! :p

pilotpip
02-28-2017, 01:47 PM
I think the problem is in the name itself. I often click on this one mistakenly when looking for the "tips, tricks and techniques" link that's two lines above.

Mike Phillips
02-28-2017, 01:52 PM
All good comments but still... my observation of the world in general is people are scanners... not readers...

It's a simple fix if you have a good Moderator. A good Moderator does what's called,

Housekeeping

A part of housekeeping on a discussion forum is to scan each forum group and when you find a thread posted in the wrong place you simply move it.

It's time consuming but once it's done then it's fairly fast and easy to stay on top of.

:)

AZpolisher15
02-28-2017, 02:01 PM
Your time and experience is appreciated by many, Mike. You guys keep this Forum up there among the best, if not the best.