PDA

View Full Version : Cruising the German AutoBahn

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-26-2017, 01:34 AM
I was cruising the AutoBahn yesterday and wanted to share what its like over here. The rules of the road are very orderly and smooth sailing. Im really going to miss driving over here especially driving the N​ürburgring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0thsB95zZr8

VISITOR
02-26-2017, 02:45 AM
interesting, thanks for sharing mike.. :xyxthumbs:

p.s. cruise control set at 100mph :bolt:

Helltopay
02-26-2017, 06:30 AM
Cool video. The wind turbines look surreal because of their size.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Bunky
02-26-2017, 06:43 AM
You need to appropriate music: Kraftwerk's Autobahn

Marc08EX
02-26-2017, 08:42 AM
Great video Mike!

I really like how people use the left lane as a passing lane there and immediately move to the right when there's someone faster than them or when there are no other cars on the right lane. Common road courtesy. Wish it was like that here.

Klasse Act
02-26-2017, 08:50 AM
If you hadn't shown the speedo I wouldn't never even thought you were doing 100 mph, LOL.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Paul A.
02-26-2017, 09:02 AM
Great video, thanks Mike. Spinning that motor at about 3300 rpm at 100 and a lot still to use towards redline!!! I know you mentioned you had the family with you and, like you, I don't venture into "spirited" driving mode in those situations either. The Ring lets you explore 3300 rpm to redline.

I wish the American driving society and behavior was more like Germany. How about we simply start with proper use of turn indicators. Sounds like you did it for every pass.

Thanks again, Mike...great video.

davidc
02-26-2017, 09:27 AM
I wish the American driving society and behavior was more like Germany. How about we simply start with proper use of turn indicators. Sounds like you did it for every pass.

Don't think that is possible here as it seems a lot of people received their license from a Cracker Jack box and show no courtesy at all.

Dave

Klasse Act
02-26-2017, 11:18 AM
It would take 25 years to change people's mindset and during that time the roads would have to be upgraded to handle that way of driving. Oh yeah, you have to convince people to maintain their cars better, put the cellphones in the trunk, pay for the special license to drive like that, have the mentality to keep the roads clean (did you guys see those shoulders)....yeah, all that and that's just off of the top of head, maybe add another 10 years into that 25 years.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

mcochris
02-27-2017, 01:31 PM
I liked the video but it scared the heck out of me. You shouldn't be driving while using a cellphone and or camera. That also illegal in Germany.

parshooter
02-27-2017, 01:50 PM
How about we simply start with proper use of turn indicators. Sounds like you did it for every pass.

Must just be the European BMW's that have turn signals. Cause they sure don't use them here.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-28-2017, 10:43 AM
interesting, thanks for sharing mike.. :xyxthumbs:

p.s. cruise control set at 100mph :bolt:

Wanted to share with everyone the experience.

I have set the cruise at 135 in the wifes wagon and 155 in my sedan. They will happily do it no questions asked...

Cool video. The wind turbines look surreal because of their size.

They are massive over here to take advantage of the winds.

You need to appropriate music: Kraftwerk's Autobahn

Right?

Great video Mike!

I really like how people use the left lane as a passing lane there and immediately move to the right when there's someone faster than them or when there are no other cars on the right lane. Common road courtesy. Wish it was like that here.

Thanks Marc!

I too love the way people drive over here. It is very orderly and people follow the rules of the road.

If you hadn't shown the speedo I wouldn't never even thought you were doing 100 mph, LOL.

Thats why I included the speedo. Lol

Great video, thanks Mike. Spinning that motor at about 3300 rpm at 100 and a lot still to use towards redline!!! I know you mentioned you had the family with you and, like you, I don't venture into "spirited" driving mode in those situations either. The Ring lets you explore 3300 rpm to redline.

Thanks Paul. It is incredibly comfortable for the car to maintain those revolutions while cruising along. Never does the car feel strained.

I have put my little girl in the back seat of the wagon and taken her for a ride. I have a video of it. Need to get it uploaded.

I too believe the US should start following and abiding by the rules of the road. What a difference it would make.

Thanks Paul. Hope you enjoyed.

Don't think that is possible here as it seems a lot of people received their license from a Cracker Jack box and show no courtesy at all.

Dave

Thats exactly right Dave.

It would take 25 years to change people's mindset and during that time the roads would have to be upgraded to handle that way of driving. Oh yeah, you have to convince people to maintain their cars better, put the cellphones in the trunk, pay for the special license to drive like that, have the mentality to keep the roads clean (did you guys see those shoulders)....yeah, all that and that's just off of the top of head, maybe add another 10 years into that 25 years.

It would take that long or longer for people to pull their heads out of their .....

I liked the video but it scared the heck out of me. You shouldn't be driving while using a cellphone and or camera. That also illegal in Germany.

Very true.

Must just be the European BMW's that have turn signals. Cause they sure don't use them here.

Hahahaha!!!!