PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning MCkees 360 from pads

Pages : [1] 2

briarpatch
02-25-2017, 07:49 PM
So...I tried 360 for the first time today....using Griots BOSS orange and CG Hexlogic orange......and it seems like the 360 has permanently stained the pads......I can not get them clean. I have Griots pad/microfiber cleaner.....and it has worked great on every other product I've used these pads for, except this one. Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?

ScottH
02-25-2017, 07:55 PM
Yes same here. I LOVE McKees 360 but it is impossible to get the pads completely clean. For that reason I've dedicated a few pads to 360. Ironically I often use it with white pads which makes it even worse...

ScottH

briarpatch
02-25-2017, 08:00 PM
thanks...I have them soaking now....will see how clean I can get them...may even throw them in the washer

atgonzales
02-25-2017, 08:01 PM
I really cannot take credit for this but I believe it was the suggestion from Zach McGovern on this forum who suggested taking your used pad, placing it in a 5 gallon pail with a grit guard Velcro side down and use a power washer on the face of the pad that touches the car paint, this will not harm your pad at all, does it work? YES it does, I did a one step polish and paint seal on a 2005 Taurus, I used 5 Lake Country pad, 4 polish pads and 1 wax pad (this line is on sale at Autogeek this weekend) sorry shameless plug for my favorite store, and the clean up on each pad took maybe 5-8 minutes each pad and wow great results.

Thanks Zach!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

briarpatch
02-25-2017, 08:54 PM
Would be glad to try that.....if I had a power washer...its on my spring shopping list...thanks for the suggestion

pilotpip
02-25-2017, 08:56 PM
I spray them with pad cleaner, then scrub them before tossing them in a bucket of warm water and the citrus pad wash stuff for about 30 minutes. Then I give them several good squeezes, another vigorous brushing, and then put them on a cookie cooling rack with a fan on them to dry. Yeah, it leaves a little bit of the red in the pad but I don't think it affects the function.

briarpatch
02-25-2017, 09:20 PM
I spray them with pad cleaner, then scrub them before tossing them in a bucket of warm water and the citrus pad wash stuff for about 30 minutes. Then I give them several good squeezes, another vigorous brushing, and then put them on a cookie cooling rack with a fan on them to dry. Yeah, it leaves a little bit of the red in the pad but I don't think it affects the function.

thank you...gonna see how they do in the washer....didn't figure it would affect the functionality...I'm just a stickler for starting with clean pads......at least the vehicle I was doing with the 360 turned out good.....

pilotpip
02-25-2017, 11:34 PM
It's good stuff. I scrub the crap out of my white pads and I can never get them totally clean.

I want to try HD speed since everyone here raves about it, but I've heard it doesn't play well with CCS pads.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
02-26-2017, 01:06 AM
It's good stuff. I scrub the crap out of my white pads and I can never get them totally clean.

I want to try HD speed since everyone here raves about it, but I've heard it doesn't play well with CCS pads.
Any all in one polish does not work well with any closed cell pad.

As for cleaning 360 the word "stain" can be misunderstood.

What's on the pad is the protection 360 leaves behind. And like Mike Phillips says "if it's easy to come off your pads, it's easy to remove from your paint"

So 360 is hard to remove because it leaves durable protection behind. And that is a good thing!

Sent from my C6743 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

briarpatch
02-26-2017, 08:31 AM
Any all in one polish does not work well with any closed cell pad.

As for cleaning 360 the word "stain" can be misunderstood.

What's on the pad is the protection 360 leaves behind. And like Mike Phillips says "if it's easy to come off your pads, it's easy to remove from your paint"

So 360 is hard to remove because it leaves durable protection behind. And that is a good thing!

Sent from my C6743 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Not that I doubt either you or Mike.....but using that logic.....anything that protects well will leave a stain on your pads.....at least from now on, if I'm using 360....I now have dedicated pads that are easy to identify....

What pads do you recommend for AIOs then?

GSKR
02-26-2017, 08:45 AM
So...I tried 360 for the first time today....using Griots BOSS orange and CG Hexlogic orange......and it seems like the 360 has permanently stained the pads......I can not get them clean. I have Griots pad/microfiber cleaner.....and it has worked great on every other product I've used these pads for, except this one. Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?

When you have a problem like this ,take the pad drench the whole top of the pad with dish soap.Then let it dwell for 10 to 15 minutes.Take pad put in sink run hot water over it.Then switch to warm and use a butter knife to gently scrape product out.Then wring out pad rinse throughout till soap is gone.may not work with the spider pad,but regular thin pro or flat pads this method work the best.you can try to pressure wash it out but not the same.

Sharply Dressed
02-26-2017, 11:51 AM
Haven't tried McKees but have used Pinnacle XMT 360 and it does stain the white pads I used. Couldn't get them clean. I don't think it affected the pad performance afterwards. I've used HD Speed only with orange pads and no issues. Haven't tried HD Speed with any other color pad.

briarpatch
02-26-2017, 08:16 PM
Haven't tried McKees but have used Pinnacle XMT 360 and it does stain the white pads I used. Couldn't get them clean. I don't think it affected the pad performance afterwards. I've used HD Speed only with orange pads and no issues. Haven't tried HD Speed with any other color pad.

Never had an issue with Speed either....am pretty unhappy about the pads....will wait and see how long the protection lasts before I harshly judge the product itself

Dereksdtail
02-26-2017, 08:36 PM
Nothing wrong with staining, just shows that them bad boys are getting used[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZpolisher15
06-11-2017, 12:00 AM
I used both 360 and Hi Def today and holy cow... I could NOT get the product out of the pads. Soaked in Poorboys Tornado for awhile followed by WG Pad cleaner. I worked the face of the pads for an hour by hand and still had product in the pads. I don't care about the color stain, just want the pads free of product. That said-- wow, the 360 impressed me! Nice stuff.