PDA

View Full Version : Help With Well Water With High Calcium Content

Snyperx
02-25-2017, 12:28 PM
First off I rent. Second my duplex is fed with well water. Third I the well has a high solid/calcium content (lots of film on dishes, white crust on faucets etc). I want to be able to wash and detail my car, but really don't have the money to pay for any expensive water treatments. Also being a rental, I really don't feel like doing the landlords any favors. What options do I have? My feeling is I don't have many. Thanks.

Hammer77
02-25-2017, 12:59 PM
That's a tough spot. I would just do rinseless washes. Get distilled water when you do your shopping. When it is bad go to the quarter spray down first then hit it with the RW. Or find a family member or friend with decent water, offer to help them with theirs, or treat them to some food or drinks as payback.

Defender2000
02-25-2017, 02:11 PM
Hammer has some great advice. I'm in the same boat. Very hard well water at my house. I usually just go to my parents and wash or go to the local coin-op. And then do all the Detailing at home.

In my experience, the well water only becomes an issue when it dries. It leaves nasty hard water spots. I've had decent luck just washing and completely drying 1 panel at a time. It helps significantly reduce the amount of water spots. You absolutely need to use a drying aid though. It's not a perfect method and it's time consuming. In a pinch, it can work if you use great care. But I would go with Hammer's advice.