PDA

View Full Version : Carpro essence question.

choijw2
02-25-2017, 12:10 PM
So I am working on super soft 2005 Subaru sti paint, and after many many test spots, I found carpro essence with polishing pad with no pressure other than weight of porter cable works to be the best.

It's not a coating job, but I wondered if I used essence and wipe the dust off with, let's say meg last touch, would it mess with CQUK bonding??

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

WillSports3
02-25-2017, 12:15 PM
My recommendation is always go with manufacturer recommendation when it comes to coatings, which is use Eraser if you need to but technically you don't need anything other than just a clean towel to wipe off Essence with. With Last Touch, it contains polymers so I would not suggest that.

Eldorado2k
02-25-2017, 12:15 PM
Not sure, but I'd use N-914 or D114 instead, just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

choijw2
02-25-2017, 12:18 PM
My recommendation is always go with manufacturer recommendation when it comes to coatings, which is use Eraser if you need to but technically you don't need anything other than just a clean towel to wipe off Essence with. With Last Touch, it contains polymers so I would not suggest that.

I mean to wipe off dusts that's been sitting while correcting other panels.
Also if I use eraser, wouldn't it beat purpose of using essence???

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Eldorado2k
02-25-2017, 12:21 PM
Last Touch is cool if you had just layed down some Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba.. But IMO stuff like Essence is so damn finicky than doing 1 step wrong can blow the expected results. That's just my opinion though.

fly07sti
02-25-2017, 12:23 PM
If it's just light dust, I would blow off with compressed air. But if you're dead set on using some type of spray, look into ECH20 to clean up. Eraser if you follow up with a coating.

Eldorado2k
02-25-2017, 12:40 PM
Gyeon recommends waiting like 3hrs. before wiping down with Cure, and isn't Ech2o similar to Cure?

I agree with using compressed air or even a Metro Sidekick to blow the majority of dust off, that's what I do.

AutowerxDetailing
02-25-2017, 01:22 PM
I mean to wipe off dusts that's been sitting while correcting other panels.
Also if I use eraser, wouldn't it beat purpose of using essence???

An Eraser wipe down after Essence will not remove the Sio2 "glaze" layer of Essence. I usually finish the vehicle with Essence and let it cure overnight. Then the next morning Eraser wipe down, mainly to remove dust and any potential left over polishing oils from Essence, prior to coating.

WillSports3
02-25-2017, 02:08 PM
No, Cure is more similar to Reload. And no, because eraser also contains lubrication so in theory if you were to use only coatings, you can use Eraser as a detail spray. Nicholas is quite right, the Sio2 glaze of Essence will not be removed by Eraser, Eraser is just to make sure the paint is bare, in this case that the primer (Essence) is bare.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
02-25-2017, 04:39 PM
+1 to using Eraser. We do a LOT of CQuartz Classic and CQuartz Finest jobs and we always wipe with Eraser after Essence. I dont wipe as HEAVILY since there really isn't a lot to wipe off, but i do still go over everything. I'd just recommend letting Essence set for an hour or so prior to Eraser and coating and you'll be good.

choijw2
02-25-2017, 10:46 PM
Thank you everyone with comments!

Helped me a lot!