PDA

View Full Version : Meguairs natural shine

Krohnj94
02-23-2017, 06:13 PM
Does anyone use these on the trim on outside of cars? Is it alright to use on plastic trims on the outside

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

briarpatch
02-23-2017, 06:29 PM
I've never tried it, but I'm guessing it may look good initially, but not hold up. I love this stuff for interiors, though....maybe I'll sacrifice some and see what happens on the exterior

VISITOR
02-23-2017, 06:38 PM
i'm sure it wouldn't hurt to use it on the exterior, but as mentioned it probably wouldn't last long...

FUNX650
02-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Does anyone use these on the trim
on outside of cars? Is it alright to use
on plastic trims on the outside

I don't see why not.
Are these the wipes? If so: They're
basically the same product as the
Spray version...just in a different
delivery form.

The only precaution given is to not
apply directly to any type of vehicle's
tire treads (car, truck, motorcycle, and
bicycle, etc.) or to any surface where
slickness is not wanted.

Bob

UTdetailing
02-23-2017, 07:42 PM
I've used Natural Shine as both interior and exterior, from rubber to plastic.

As mentioned above, it is great for interior.

For exteriors I absolutely love the finish it left behind, and although far from being considered durable, it was one of the more durable dressings I used before finding WETS. It also seemed to wear very evenly, even in rain. None of the typical "runs" I saw with most water based exterior dressings. Application is very easy, and it is one of the few that I found that cleans off easily when you "oops" onto that freshly polished paint.

If you get a lot of rain/snow, may not be the best product for exteriors, but if you are in a relatively dry environment I say give it a shot!

Krohnj94
02-23-2017, 09:28 PM
Yes I'll just use the spray and apple it to a foam applicator and try it

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

AZpolisher15
02-24-2017, 12:26 AM
In my experience, my contentedness varied based on the type of plastic/vinyl this is applied to. On some surfaces it's just right. On others it remains a little bit tacky and shiny.