PDA

View Full Version : Touchless Car Wash Video - Products, Process and Results

Pages : [1] 2

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
02-21-2017, 06:17 PM
Whats up guys, I know, been a while. Actually shot this video late last summer (thus the reason im sweating so much in the video!) Being a black car owners now and living in Az it tends to get dusty fairly quickly and often times taking time for a full all out wash is not in the cards since we're busy with everyone else's cars!
So, I'd been experimenting with some different products and processes for doing a touchless wash. Now of course, this is not as ideal as a traditional hand wash - but I was able to get a process down that worked surprisingly well and saved a lot of time.

The video goes through the specifics including product and technique pointers that I've found helpful through much trial and error, but here's a short list of what was used.

Iron-X (tires/rims)
Carpro Reset
Foam Cannon
Pressure Washer (obviously - was 1900 psi for those who care!)
Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy
Microfiber Madness Slogger

Thats it! Check out the video - I added my usual sarcastic humor in it to make it a bit more enjoyable - feel free to comment/share/like and all that - it's much appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLAL9lkD4C0&feature=youtu.be

VISITOR
02-21-2017, 07:33 PM
hey wills, glad to hear from you - hope you and dani are doing well!

FrankS
02-21-2017, 07:36 PM
Nice video guys!

Just curious as to what type of electric pressure washer you have.

FUNX650
02-21-2017, 07:59 PM
Hi Guys...

It really has been awhile.

Thanks for the cool video.
First time I've got to hear
Dani's voice; (and, what a
beautiful laugh she has).
... :idea: ...
Next video: more Dani.

Now don't you guys be strangers, ya hear.

Bob

PaulMys
02-21-2017, 08:02 PM
Great video!

Thanks for that one.

fly07sti
02-21-2017, 08:22 PM
Thanks for sharing and good to see a post from you two.

Marc08EX
02-21-2017, 08:28 PM
Awesome video Wills and Dani!

Dmb5450
02-21-2017, 08:32 PM
Thanks for posting, the car looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

MikeC78
02-21-2017, 10:11 PM
Nice video. However, I believe you're crazy for using a towel after a "touchless wash". Just my opinion. If I did that to my black truck, I'd be instilling some major towel marks.

asalesagent912
02-22-2017, 06:33 PM
Whats up guys, I know, been a while. Actually shot this video late last summer (thus the reason im sweating so much in the video!) Being a black car owners now and living in Az it tends to get dusty fairly quickly and often times taking time for a full all out wash is not in the cards since we're busy with everyone else's cars!
So, I'd been experimenting with some different products and processes for doing a touchless wash. Now of course, this is not as ideal as a traditional hand wash - but I was able to get a process down that worked surprisingly well and saved a lot of time.

The video goes through the specifics including product and technique pointers that I've found helpful through much trial and error, but here's a short list of what was used.

Iron-X (tires/rims)
Carpro Reset
Foam Cannon
Pressure Washer (obviously - was 1900 psi for those who care!)
Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy
Microfiber Madness Slogger

Thats it! Check out the video - I added my usual sarcastic humor in it to make it a bit more enjoyable - feel free to comment/share/like and all that - it's much appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLAL9lkD4C0&feature=youtu.be

Very nice video. I like the gun you are using on the pressure washer. can you send me the link where i can get it.
also just curious, what is the advantage of using that one as opposed to the long one the pressure washer comes with.

DMiglio
02-25-2017, 12:23 AM
I like the video a lot, you two did a great job with it! Definitely will be watching again I enjoyed it and the results were stunning!

GSKR
02-25-2017, 08:25 AM
Nice video. However, I believe you're crazy for using a towel after a "touchless wash". Just my opinion. If I did that to my black truck, I'd be instilling some major towel marks.
Yes kinda agree that's a old quick trick that causes micro after a while.Great video for people who may want to try it.

Eldorado2k
02-25-2017, 08:49 AM
The only risky part I saw was cleaning the windows 1st and then using the same side of the towel to go across the paint... Maybe I'm just overly cautious, but I never use my drying towels on the windows, that tends to be the dirtiest part of the vehicle even after a wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
02-25-2017, 04:24 PM
Nice video guys!

Just curious as to what type of electric pressure washer you have.

Hey man,

We have an AR BlueClean 620. Its about $550 off of Amazon. Our first one ran close to three years till we finally had to replace it. I should note we had it outside for about a year as well back when we worked from home.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
02-25-2017, 04:34 PM
Thanks for sharing and good to see a post from you two.

Thanks man! Yeah its been insanely swamped here lately (which I'm very thankful of). I wish uploading onto forums was as easy as uploading onto facebook...we update facebook at lot because its much quicker to do so from our phones.

Awesome video Wills and Dani!

Thanks Marc!

Thanks for posting, the car looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Well she unfortunately got hit 2 weeks back (guy tried to whip around to cut off the car in front of him and well - my car was in the way) - so the passenger door and rear fender has been resprayed. Paint job came out nice - just need to wet sand, correct and re-coat it now. Luckily the ppf did its job on the front fender - when it was hit he massed the mirror into the door and fender...scratched the clear bra but the paint underneath was ok at least.

Thats why its called a Dry Me "Crazy" :). In all seriousness, this is just an alternative. I'm not saying I recommend it for all cases, but doing a light towel dry with a super plush towel with good technique has a pretty slim chance of swirling it to hell. If you watched at the end there was only dirt from one area that came off onto the towel (from the lower passenger rocker since I believe not enough soap got onto it when I was foaming), other than that the towel was very clean.

Very nice video. I like the gun you are using on the pressure washer. can you send me the link where i can get it.
also just curious, what is the advantage of using that one as opposed to the long one the pressure washer comes with.

I honestly can't remember where I got the gun from (its been 2-3 years) but I BELIEVE this one is very close if not the same: NorthStar Pressure Washer Trigger Spray Gun — 4000 PSI, 8 GPM | Pressure Washer Trigger Spray Guns| Northern Tool + Equipment (http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_22924_22924?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Pressure%20Washers%20%3E%20Pressure%20W asher%20Accessories&utm_campaign=NorthStar&utm_content=30383&gclid=CP-3hqmZrNICFU6VfgodjiQMmw)

The main reason i like it is because its easier for things like fender wells and I feel I have more control and less of a chance of having an "oops" moment and turning around with the wand and accidentally banging against a car. Never had it happen but after doing 1000's of washes I figured I'd not test the odds too much lol.