PDA

View Full Version : duragloss 601 actual mechanism and couple with other LSP?

szjalo
02-21-2017, 01:47 PM
Hi, I have been using the duragloss 105/501/601 combo for a while. today it came across to me I never knew the actual mechanism of 601. So does anyone know what's the actual mechanism of 601? is it a cleaning reagent? or more like a cross-linking reagent. If it's cleaning, I can use it alone just to remove wax/sealant/polish oils? if it is cross-linking, can I couple it with other (not duragloss branded) wax? sealant? coating?

Thanks a ton!

A quote below from AG store for 601:
"
Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent (PBA) #601Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent is similar to an epoxy (A&B) and bonds chemically when it comes into contact with durable polishes. Duragloss PBA will double the durability and protection of polishes when applied prior to polishing.

This is a one of a kind product! Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent serves as “glue” between the paint and a polymer paint sealant in the sense that it encourages a better bond and longer life of the sealant. You can get double the protection and double the length of protection by simply adding one coat of PBA before your last step product.
"

Setec Astronomy
02-21-2017, 02:05 PM
It's not a cleaner (any cleaning action I would consider more incidental to its primary function). I would equate it more to something like Polycharger, which was discussed in a recent thread.

Yes it will work with other brands of similar chemistry...the problem would be figuring out what brands have similar chemistry. If I was a betting man I'd wager it will work with Zaino...as 601 is identical in function to the old Z1, (even down the number, sort of), but beyond that I think you're on your own.

FUNX650
02-21-2017, 03:11 PM
Q. What is Duragloss 601's "mechanism"?
A. I will convey what AGO forum member
Richy has (IMO) called it: a "flash curer".
-------------------------------------------------------
Q. Does Duragloss 601 PBA "couple"
with all polymer paint sealants?
A. IMO...The following report is the
best obtainable version of the truth. :)

•From Jerry @Duragloss; (ca. 09/2010):

"Unless the polishes or waxes contains these
specialized polymers we get from Germany...
the 601 will not add the full protection to any
other polishes except the Duragloss polishes
like 501,105,101,and the 111.

Now thats not to say someone might be using
one that has some of the polymeric properties
of the polymers we use...but ours are exclusive
to Brothers Research Corp., and have been for
over 25 years.

I have used 601 with a lot of polishes and
waxes in the past and have seen none that
would activate like the Duragloss line."

Bob