PDA

View Full Version : OTC Matte Protectant

Mike Burke
02-21-2017, 06:54 AM
Looking for a good OTC matte/satin finish protectant that I could use
on my Matte finish road Bicycle.
I have seen the McKee stuff but can't find it local.
I do like to use Mequiars D156 on my cars.....I wonder if it would work on the matte finish ?
Any suggestions on a Matte finish protectant that is sold in auto parts stores ?

Thanks

Desertnate
02-21-2017, 08:56 AM
I use the McKee's 37 matte finish protectant on my Specialized road bike which has a matte gray finish. I don't ride in the wet very often, so I can't speak to how well it protects, but I wipe down the frame and other bits every couple of weeks and it keeps the surface clean and looking nice.

I've not seen any OTC matte products and would be afraid that 156 (or it's UQW relative), would be way to shiny. Those products create a lot of gloss.

While McKee's isn't local, I wouldn't let that stop you. One 16oz bottle should last a really long time if you're only using it on your bike.

forrest@mothers
02-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Look for a body shop safe/silicone free instant detailer. It should be easy to find at an automotive paint store, if you're only looking locally.

FUNX650
02-21-2017, 10:12 AM
•Flitz Matte products are sold at many
of the big-box general merchandise
retailers; and hardware stores

•H-D dealers sells Matte products

•Meguiar's M34 Final Inspection
(also body-shop safe) is sold @
many auto parts stores

Bob

Dave.0
02-21-2017, 11:54 AM
Problem solver...GYEON Q2 Matte 50 ml (http://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-matte-coating.html)

Mike Burke
02-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Thanks
I just ordered some McKee's 37 matte finish protectant.
I'll give that a try.

arcsubaru
04-07-2017, 08:35 PM
I used Gary Dean's infinite use detail juice as a waterless wash then followed up with a clay bar (using infinite use detail juice as a lube) and finished up with Swissvax's opaque wax. The results were exceptional and my customer couldn't have been more pleased.

DrBeasleys
04-28-2017, 12:55 PM
Our matte paint care products have been tested and chosen by Chrysler, Audi, and Hyundai because they're incredibly safe and effective for matte paint and wraps. We're now available for sale on AG, and we're happy to answer any and all questions you might have about matte paint care! Check us out: Dr. Beasley's Matte Paint Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/dr-beasleys-matte-coating.html)