PDA

View Full Version : Sealant over coating on wheels...

RippyD
02-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Last week while playing around with Ech2o/Reload combo I decided to try Reload on one wheel. Wheels are already coated so I wasn't expecting much difference.

That car hasn't been driven much, and the last time it was it rained. Hosed off the car and wheels before washing. The wheels were not very dirty. The one with Reload had practically no brake dust. Not sure if it didn't collect as much brake dust or if the hose removed it more easily. I didn't look closely before hosing.

Need to keep an eye on this and will do another wheel today for more comparison. If this is real and lasts for a while it would be great. I'll take anything that makes wheel cleaning easier and keeps them clean longer.

MarkD51
02-20-2017, 03:18 PM

On my Tahoe's custom chrome 22" wheels, that's all I've used, CQuartz UK, then top, and do periodic detailing when needed with Reload neat. Seems to work for me.

HoosierDaddy
04-09-2017, 10:00 AM
Hmmm, was that a front wheel?
That would be a good test, one front Reloaded , one not , or better yet, both on one side treated, the other two not.

FUNX650
04-09-2017, 11:54 AM
IMO:
If the Sealant provides such good
contaminates-releasement, then I
sure wouldn't bother with any prior
application of a Coating.

Bob

WillSports3
04-09-2017, 02:45 PM
I tend to use sealant over coating in wintertime since the salt is absolutely insane and builds up way too much on the rims when it snows.