PDA

View Full Version : Which Rupes to get...

Pages : [1] 2

Levithan9
02-19-2017, 05:45 PM
Hello all...

im thinking of getting a new polisher before the 25% off sale ends.

Im wanting a Rupes, but I'm a little confused about the different models.
while I'll say the 21 Mark II sounds good, I don't think I'm willing to go that high in price.

i have a Flex 3401, and love it. But I haven't used it in about a year or so. I don't do detailing as a job, mostly a hobby, but because of my work schedule, I don't really have time for a full day detailing my car or truck.

but nonetheless, I have some money to throw away, and since I'm big on getting the best NOW, rather than getting something that WILL DO FOR NOW, I'd like your advise on which one to get.

the LHR 21

or the LHR 15

keep in Mind that, although I'd like to get the Mark II version...my budget won't allow it.

thanks for all your replies...

Rmd
02-19-2017, 06:04 PM
As for 15 vs 21, the 15 is more versatile, it can work better on panels with curves. Having used both versions, I would strongly recommend the mkII. If it's out of the budget, wait until it is in the budget. You mentioned today's sale, but I don't think that the Rupes tools are part of the sale (correct me if this is wrong), so there is no rush. You already have the 3041, which is a beast for correction. The primary advantage of a Rupes over that is smoothness and efficiency, but since you are not doing this professionally, the "time is money" concept really doesn't apply. I would seriously check out the Rupes mini, which uses smaller pads and gets into smaller areas that the 3401 can't. I used one a couple weeks ago, and it's now on the wish list to complement the G15 and GG6 I already have.

DaveT435
02-19-2017, 06:13 PM
Get the 21, you can always put a 5 inch plate on it, it will help the power. You mentioned the 25% off sale, I assume that's so you can save on pads and other accessories to go with the new machine? The machines aren't 25%. Just making sure you know that...

Levithan9
02-19-2017, 06:29 PM
Get the 21, you can always put a 5 inch plate on it, it will help the power. You mentioned the 25% off sale, I assume that's so you can save on pads and other accessories to go with the new machine? The machines aren't 25%. Just making sure you know that...

Uummm...yes they are. I just put a Rupes 21. With 7" pad kit into my cart.

added the prez25

Dropped in price from $349 to $260

BudgetPlan1
02-19-2017, 07:49 PM
Uummm...yes they are. I just put a Rupes 21. With 7" pad kit into my cart.

added the prez25

Dropped in price from $349 to $260
Interesting. I'd punch that buy button quick! FWIW I just did the same with a Duetto and it gave discount as well despite sale restrictions saying not valid on polishers or polishing kits. Rupes are NEVER on sale. Go buy a lotto ticket too!

DaveT435
02-19-2017, 08:18 PM
I agree...click buy ASAP. Damn, maybe I should buy a Duetto..

BudgetPlan1
02-19-2017, 09:19 PM
I agree...click buy ASAP. Damn, maybe I should buy a Duetto..
Almost did just to get one for around $240. For once I made a rational decision with items in my cart and the CHECKOUT button taunting me.

With a LHR15 Mk2, Flex 3401, LHR75 and GG6 it would be silly...and yet it tempts.

GearHead_1
02-19-2017, 10:11 PM
You will indeed be lucky if you get it for that price. I suspect there is an error in the system. The ad specifically states that the discount is not applicable to polishers. It also states that no additional discounts are available on the bottom of the Rupes product pages.

Believe me, if the discount were available across the board I'd be ordering some Race Ramps but these fall into the same category.

*25% Off Coupon Code PREZ25 valid on in stock items. Not applicable on previously placed orders, custom or special order items, extractors, air compressors, BUY ONE GET ONE, VIP Special, car covers, polishers & polisher kits, vacuums, Kreepstool, FlatStoppers, garage flooring, gift certificates, bulk and case pricing, complete wash systems or any item as noted on product page. One coupon code per order.

Levithan9
02-19-2017, 11:05 PM
I think i remember having this problem when I ordered my Flex 3401....back in 2014. Autogeek honored the price that was given to me.

And i just ordered the Rupes LHR 15ES 6 Inch Pad Kit, so hopefully they'll honor it again.
If not, thats cool. I don't NEED it, but i'd be nice to have. If they say no, then just refund my money.

xabo
02-20-2017, 06:53 PM
Keep us posted.................

tpr1634
02-20-2017, 07:09 PM
I called autopia a while back when I ordered my15 and mini pretty much say I got a sale price.

Levithan9
02-20-2017, 07:10 PM
I got an email conformation this morning that the item will be shipped out tomorrow. And my credit card shows a charge for the amount i paid....so lets hope.

The Guz
02-21-2017, 03:03 PM
I got an email conformation this morning that the item will be shipped out tomorrow. And my credit card shows a charge for the amount i paid....so lets hope.

How did it go? Did you get it at the discounted price?

DaveT435
02-21-2017, 03:07 PM
Don't count on it levithan9. I just got an email that the order was edited to reflect the price without the discount. I cancelled it, like you I don't need the machine, but was going to buy it at that price.

The Guz
02-21-2017, 03:33 PM
Don't count on it levithan9. I just got an email that the order was edited to reflect the price without the discount. I cancelled it, like you I don't need the machine, but was going to buy it at that price.

That is the same reason why I asked. I am waiting for a call back.