PDA

View Full Version : Hello from sunny San Diego

FlyinLow
02-19-2017, 03:09 PM
The sun is out after yet another couple days of rain... hallelujah!
I've been lurking for years, but I am my father's daughter and take care of my vehicles mostly under the hood. With the last addition have to up my game big time, and with SoCal drought nearly over am diving in head first. Am just now able to make myself sit down and say hello to this cool community. I spent time this past month putting what I've learned from everyone on the interwebs into my first major detail, my kid-friendly 2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport. It was an adventure inside and out, with utter amazement at every wipe-off of M105, minor wet sanding making those lived-with-for-years defects disappear, and after steaming the interior to sparkling and fresh. When I can sit down again will post the before and afters. I am thrilled with it! Looking forward to tackling my Bumble Bee, my 300ZX, but meantime am looking at re-conquering my garage as a workspace vice a storage space.
Lots of questions, as happens when you put studies into action. Thanks all of you for your insight and discussions thus far. Enjoy shopping the big sale this weekend! :pc7424:

Rmd
02-19-2017, 05:03 PM
Welcome, and greetings from the OC. Former resident of PB back in my wild and crazy youth.

Kamakaz1961
02-19-2017, 06:10 PM
Welcome to AGO!! Finally! No rain! I am in Orange County CA I hope the rain stuff is over. BTW CA appears to be out of their drought problems!!

JimmyH5
02-19-2017, 09:09 PM
Another WELCOME... and now the addiction has begun... join the crowd! For me the endless quest for Omni-present lighting came soon after some garage space : )

k20trick
02-19-2017, 09:32 PM
Welcome to AGO!! Finally! No rain! I am in Orange County CA I hope the rain stuff is over. BTW CA appears to be out of their drought problems!!

Time to get out of my rinseless wash routine and bust out the hose every time =)

iPhone said no rain today and right after I detailed, guess what rain :buffing:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-20-2017, 01:46 AM
Welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

FlyinLow
02-20-2017, 02:54 AM
Thanks Gentlemen. OC'ers, lol I grew up there! I'm looking forward to some Meg's training back in Irvine in April. Maybe someday I'll make it to Florida for more.

FlyinLow
02-20-2017, 03:06 AM
...For me the endless quest for Omni-present lighting came soon after some garage space : )
YES! Lighting (or lack thereof) was a big part of what got me all fired up! Working nights on the car with every and any lamp I could come up with was a PIA. An entire evening was spent reviewing loads of others' lighting experiences, and talked to Larry K. the next morning about his new garage's lighting. Can't wait to get to that point, but today began my adventure in plumbing and installing water softener. Hose bib to be included (!) So what lighting set-up did you end up installing?

lj993
02-20-2017, 07:09 AM
Welcome! Best spot in the world. Only downside is that Autogeek is on the other side of the Country. Hopefully the ocean will calm down a bit and the surf will clean up so we can get out surfing on Presidents' Day! Phil

JKDesign
02-20-2017, 10:47 AM
Welcome!

AZ Mike
02-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Welcome to Autogeek.