PDA

View Full Version : Simple Questions

bryanviper
02-18-2017, 09:54 PM
Hello All,

I started getting into detailing about 1 year ago. I currently use a GG 6" DP. & have done a few friends cars and a few of my own with great results. Now as I continue to grow my knowledge and get more comfortable I have a few questions that most of you can probably answer easily.

1.) Pads: I currently use 3D Products Spider Pads and have been pretty happy with them however I seem to see a lot of people using microfiber pads & saying how great they are. Can anybody please explain if I should invest in some microfiber pads & where I would why them over my regular foam pads?

2.) I will usually use a med/light cutting foam pad with 3D Speed to remove scratches then once happy I will move to HD Proxy with a black polishing pad, is that correct or should I be using the black polishing pad with 3D Speed before moving to wax?

3.) Should I be using HD Polish? What situation should I be using that for?

Thanks

bhonshell42
02-18-2017, 10:03 PM
Hello All,

I started getting into detailing about 1 year ago. I currently use a GG 6" DP. & have done a few friends cars and a few of my own with great results. Now as I continue to grow my knowledge and get more comfortable I have a few questions that most of you can probably answer easily.

1.) Pads: I currently use 3D Products Spider Pads and have been pretty happy with them however I seem to see a lot of people using microfiber pads & saying how great they are. Can anybody please explain if I should invest in some microfiber pads & where I would why them over my regular foam pads?

2.) I will usually use a med/light cutting foam pad with 3D Speed to remove scratches then once happy I will move to HD Proxy with a black polishing pad, is that correct or should I be using the black polishing pad with 3D Speed before moving to wax?

3.) Should I be using HD Polish? What situation should I be using that for?

Thanks
Microfiber pads. I have the Meguiars 5in microfiber pads. The pads work well. They are for me a step below using a wool cutting pad. The polishing pad works well to. I use my pads on my PC7424XP. ALSO each can be machine washed.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

derass
02-18-2017, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't be using Speed followed by Poxy. That defeats the purpose of Speed as an AIO. Either use Speed by itself, or use HD Polish followed by Poxy.

bryanviper
02-18-2017, 10:41 PM
Well the reason why I use Proxy after is to give it more protection & a better/deeper finishing shine.

I wouldn't be using Speed followed by Poxy. That defeats the purpose of Speed as an AIO. Either use Speed by itself, or use HD Polish followed by Poxy.

rlmccarty2000
02-18-2017, 11:07 PM
Microfiber pads have more cut than foam pads which allows you to remove serious defects rapidly.

bryanviper
02-20-2017, 11:45 AM
Thanks all