PDA

View Full Version : HD Poxy cure time

briarpatch
02-18-2017, 04:02 PM
So, I was gonna use HD Poxy for the first time today. The directions indicate that you should allow it to 'cure' for 30-45 minutes before buffing it off. I'm more of a 'wax on - wax off' kind of guy...not a big fan of waiting to remove the product. Is it really necessary to wait that long? I went in a different direction (Sig Series II) for my LSP today, but would like to hear from others for future reference.

RippyD
02-18-2017, 05:08 PM
Seems like you got the wrong product if you want a WOWO (wipe on wipe off). I suspect two things will happen if you don't wait: it won't work very well or last as long as it otherwise would, and it may be more difficult to remove. Plenty of WOWO good sealants you can use.

briarpatch
02-18-2017, 06:26 PM
Seems like you got the wrong product if you want a WOWO (wipe on wipe off). I suspect two things will happen if you don't wait: it won't work very well or last as long as it otherwise would, and it may be more difficult to remove. Plenty of WOWO good sealants you can use.

Can't argue with you there. Maybe I just need to learn to be patient and trust the instructions. I have a few WOWO products on the shelf, and this product will be in the mix as soon as I complete the learning curve.

Whitewater25
02-18-2017, 07:09 PM
45 min to 1 hour or 2 beers. Do the whole car,have a beer or 2,start wiping of where you started first. Wipes right off. Good stuff.

briarpatch
02-18-2017, 07:12 PM
45 min to 1 hour or 2 beers. Do the whole car,have a beer or 2,start wiping of where you started first. Wipes right off. Good stuff.

Thanks...whole new world for me. Typically, tops do not pop until the last of the wax is off. Change is good..........

Bert31
02-21-2017, 04:09 AM
Because HD Speed has Poxy in it, should it sit for a while before buffing off also?