PDA

View Full Version : Different ways to use Opti-seal?

Souldetailer
02-18-2017, 09:45 AM
Hey everybody, I know of the documented ways to use our buddy Opti-seal, but how have you used it in a way that you've found beneficial. Or in a way that is documented that gave you trouble but you found a better alternative method. Thanks

Peace,

Darrin

glfnaz
02-18-2017, 12:00 PM
I've used it on interiors and I use it on bathroom mirrors. On paint I use WG LS and BF Crystal Seal. I find those less streaky and a deeper look. My favorite is WG LS

Rsurfer
02-18-2017, 02:05 PM
Hey everybody, I know of the documented ways to use our buddy Opti-seal, but how have you used it in a way that you've found beneficial. Or in a way that is documented that gave you trouble but you found a better alternative method. Thanks

Peace,

Darrin
It's all in the prep work, on what the end results will look like. OS is a wowa product, can't do too much damage even if there's a wrong way to apply.

Souldetailer
02-18-2017, 03:41 PM
It's all in the prep work, on what the end results will look like. OS is a wowa product, can't do too much damage even if there's a wrong way to apply.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. This ^ I know. Just looking for somebody that may have a little trick they might want to share. Thanks

Mantilgh
02-18-2017, 07:16 PM
I use a towel to apply and only spray the towel.

The only hard part is seeing where you've been, but you can definitely feel it with the towel.

Good stuff, very easy to use.

The Guz
02-18-2017, 10:32 PM

Peace,

Darrin

Check out the rag channel youtube channel. There is a video covering the many uses of opti-seal. Also on the optimum synergy podcast.

oneheadlite
02-19-2017, 08:55 PM
Just watched that Rag Company video earlier in the week. I'm a big fan of Opti-seal as a drying aid, and have used it to treat clean glass, but I had never thought to use it as an on-it's-own glass cleaner.

Tried it this afternoon and was really impressed. I even used it with a total nothing microfiber, and had no problems streaking. Quick mist on the towel, wipe the window down, flip and buff off.

TTQ B4U
02-19-2017, 09:07 PM
It's my go-to for glass. I have used and like the McKee's glass coating but am moving back to Opti-Seal as it works better IMO. Doesn't wear off as quick as you'd would think either.

oneheadlite
02-19-2017, 09:12 PM
It's my go-to for glass. I have used and like the McKee's glass coating but am moving back to Opti-Seal as it works better IMO. Doesn't wear off as quick as you'd would think either.

That's actually a thread I had been trying to come up with the right wording to start- I'm due for a new windshield and have been debating my options. Had been thinking about trying a coating, but was wondering how they compare to Opti-seal. Especially with how easy it is.

TTQ B4U
02-19-2017, 09:24 PM
That's actually a thread I had been trying to come up with the right wording to start- I'm due for a new windshield and have been debating my options. Had been thinking about trying a coating, but was wondering how they compare to Opti-seal. Especially with how easy it is.

Opinions will vary and I like McKee's paint coating but not the glass coating. It just doesn't sheet for very long and doesn't leave the glass as slick feeling. I've used it on my car and our van - which has a brand new windshield, stripped and prepped, etc. but the driver side always had a little "hop" to it at the bottom of the long 24" blade. I then stripped it again, used Opti-Seal and viola, it's been perfect and that was months ago. I just reapplied it on my last wash too.

Your call. If you were close I'd offer you some McKee's to test out. I'm going to simply use it on the sides and rear windows of sedans going forward. On the front and rear I'm going to top it with Opti-Seal instead.

glfnaz
02-19-2017, 10:02 PM
Interesting comments from above. I used Opti-seal on bathroom mirrors yesterday and tried it on one that I did not first clean. Bathroom mirrors tend to get some tooth brushing splash back if you use a Sonicare or similar device. Opti seal did NOT remove that residue. If I clean bathroom window first with something, Opti seal is great. I've used Opti Seal on exterior windows of my house for a while now with great results, but only when I first clean with Opti Power Clean, or DG glass polish. For car exterior windows, I use WG L S with great results.