PDA

View Full Version : Misprint? BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray?

Pages : [1] 2

fightnews
02-18-2017, 05:25 AM
i picked up a bottle and i want to use it today after i do my wash. so im reading over the direction page and it says 1 ounce is enough to do 5-6 cars.... Really, It's a 20 oz bottle, there's NO WAY i will get 120 coats out of it. Even if you could do that much it would be impossible to spread it that thin. the sprayer isn't sensitive enough and the microfiber would eat to much of it up. i've been using pinnacle souvarn regularly and a 32oz bottle only lasts me like 10 washes if that. you guys think its a misprint?

ViperGuy21
02-18-2017, 06:50 AM
Hmm...I've never used that product, but that sounds like the description for Crystal Seal

fightnews
02-18-2017, 07:09 AM
Hmm...I've never used that product, but that sounds like the description for Crystal Seal

hows that i was thinking of getting some its only like 15 bucks right now..

ViperGuy21
02-18-2017, 08:36 AM

It's awesome!! One of the best products I've ever purchased!!!

Mantilgh
02-18-2017, 08:44 AM
Crystal Seal is BOGO over on the sister site at the moment.

BadgerRivFan
02-18-2017, 09:20 AM
A couple spritz' per panel is all you need of the polymer spray. Works great as a drying aid!

FUNX650
02-18-2017, 12:21 PM
so im reading over the direction
page and it says 1 ounce is enough
to do 5-6 cars....

Really, It's a 20 oz bottle, there's
NO WAY i will get 120 coats out of it.

you guys think its a misprint?
•IMO...
1.) It belongs in the:
YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)
marketing category.

2.) YMMV's basic meaning could be:
"Hey, we got #### lucky with this one.
You can try to replicate our success...
but don’t bet on it"!

Bob

BrutalNoodle
02-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Here's a "car:"

http://images.classiccars.com/classifieds/253785_12227916_1968_Lincoln_Continental.jpg

And here's another one:

https://8096-presscdn-0-43-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Smart-Car.jpg

I guess it's doable.

AZpolisher15
02-19-2017, 01:42 AM

BF Crystal Seal is great. I much prefer it to UPGP. It doesn't flash as quickly and one coat is sufficient. Durability is impressive for what it is (that being, super easy to apply). An all around great product. It's one of those products that really sucks you in after seeing how easy it is to apply.

I actually love it in the winter on my personal vehicle. I can do a light handed application with a plush mf applicator after a waterless wash without worrying about stray "grit" that would otherwise require a more substantial "winter wash" before machine applying a sealant. That was a mouth full. Hope that makes sense. I'm a fan. I don't often apply traditional sealers in winter because that requires a more thorough wash (and that's a PIA here in the winter, just to hammer it again in the salt and grime). The wowa sealants fill the gap and get me through until spring when I can do a full detail.

fightnews
02-19-2017, 06:12 AM
It's awesome!! One of the best products I've ever purchased!!!

nice thanks i was going to try to go a while without buying anything as i already have enough stuff to detail thousands of cars but its not gonna happen i want a boars hair car wash brush now too lol

fightnews
02-19-2017, 06:14 AM
Crystal Seal is BOGO over on the sister site at the moment.

actually i dont shop over there i had a bad experience with them

fightnews
02-19-2017, 06:22 AM
•IMO...
1.) It belongs in the:
YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)
marketing category.

2.) YMMV's basic meaning could be:
"Hey, we got #### lucky with this one.
You can try to replicate our success...
but don’t bet on it"!

Bob

i was thinking of putting it in one of those four ounce spray bottles. the big ones spray a lot of volume even when you're not trying. ill give you an example

a while ago i ordered a sample of souvern spray wax and it came in a small 4 ounce spray bottle. i was using it after drying my car and i stretched it out to about 5-6 washes sometimes with two coats.

i liked it so i ordered a gallon of it and put it in on of those kwazar 32 ounce bottles. i guess i wasnt paying attention and the whole 32 ounce bottle lasted about 5-6 washes sometimes with two coats.

90% of it must of ended being gone with the wind. so if anyone has anything they want to conserve put it in a small bottle lol....

fightnews
02-19-2017, 06:28 AM
BF Crystal Seal is great. I much prefer it to UPGP. It doesn't flash as quickly and one coat is sufficient. Durability is impressive for what it is (that being, super easy to apply). An all around great product. It's one of those products that really sucks you in after seeing how easy it is to apply.

I actually love it in the winter on my personal vehicle. I can do a light handed application with a plush mf applicator after a waterless wash without worrying about stray "grit" that would otherwise require a more substantial "winter wash" before machine applying a sealant. That was a mouth full. Hope that makes sense. I'm a fan. I don't often apply traditional sealers in winter because that requires a more thorough wash (and that's a PIA here in the winter, just to hammer it again in the salt and grime). The wowa sealants fill the gap and get me through until spring when I can do a full detail. it def makes sense, im starting to like these easy to apply waxes/sealants more and more, try the new miguiars fast finish, it takes ten minutes to apply, looks like paste wax, and supposedly lasts a year

ViperGuy21
02-20-2017, 12:16 AM
nice thanks i was going to try to go a while without buying anything as i already have enough stuff to detail thousands of cars but its not gonna happen i want a boars hair car wash brush now too lol

The addiction is real lol

rlmccarty2000
02-20-2017, 01:10 AM
actually i dont shop over there i had a bad experience with them

What kind of "bad" experience? They are in the same warehouse as AG. I always get very good customer service from Autopia and AG.