PDA

View Full Version : mckees paint coat vs OPTIMUM GLOSS-COAT

Cruzscarwash
02-14-2017, 10:41 PM
has any one put these two head to head? im interested to see how they compare and how they differ

osiapstndp
02-14-2017, 11:22 PM
I've been using McKee's coating for a short while and I'm getting Gloss-Coat in the mail tomorrow. I plan on putting Gloss-Coat on a red Challenger I'm working on this weekend. If it's still relevant I'll respond with my opinion about the two products next week.

Cruzscarwash
02-15-2017, 01:13 AM
Pm sent

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

The Guz
02-15-2017, 02:30 AM
Are you looking to in terms of application or overall performance?

Dereksdtail
02-15-2017, 02:38 AM
I'm in the process of putting mckees on my ride right now, it's had gloss coat on it for about 2 years now. Gloss coat has always kept its slickness and gloss, beading kind of fell off a bit but not much, in only changing over because mckees is what I'm offering customers so I figured I'd wear it on mine too[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valky
02-15-2017, 07:13 AM
As I was try 2 superior coating from PBMG umbrella PBL surface coating and Paint Coating V2, I recommend Gloss coat. Both PBL coating perform very bad on Honda sticky paint and will leave lots of high spots all over, while gloss coat having no such a problem even on Honda. Durability test from my Experience is that Gloss Coat Knock PBL completely as well. I can't imagine Mckee's to be better than PBL, so does Gloss-Coat.

GSKR
02-15-2017, 08:23 AM
As I was try 2 superior coating from PBMG umbrella PBL surface coating and Paint Coating V2, I recommend Gloss coat. Both PBL coating perform very bad on Honda sticky paint and will leave lots of high spots all over, while gloss coat having no such a problem even on Honda. Durability test from my Experience is that Gloss Coat Knock PBL completely as well. I can't imagine Mckee's to be better than PBL, so does Gloss-Coat.

What's sticky paint mean ?For 35.00 it's a bargain price coating and can get 4 good size cars out of one bottle.it's a very good product with zero application problems and last pretty good in terms of durability.

Cruzscarwash
02-15-2017, 08:51 AM
I know I prefer mckees over PBL as I was having issues with high spots as well on multiple types of cars.
I've covered 2 civics and an accord with. It issues of streaming with mckees,that's actually one of the biggest difference I found between the 2 during application

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Valky
02-15-2017, 10:12 AM
What's sticky paint mean ?For 35.00 it's a bargain price coating and can get 4 good size cars out of one bottle.it's a very good product with zero application problems and last pretty good in terms of durability.

Haven't you ever experienced a car that sucking everything in? Black honda car in my country is very famous on this issues, it can even suck Menzerna Top inspection and make the whols area become sticky and hard to remove even top inspection with microfiber.

GSKR
02-15-2017, 11:35 AM
Haven't you ever experienced a car that sucking everything in? Black honda car in my country is very famous on this issues, it can even suck Menzerna Top inspection and make the whols area become sticky and hard to remove even top inspection with microfiber.

Yes now I understand.

GSKR
02-15-2017, 11:38 AM
More like grabby and absorbs with difficulty removing.

GSKR
02-15-2017, 11:45 AM
When that happens try different micros. Short nap on sticky paint,I once had a problem on a dark blue focus with mckees.But overall great product for the money.

MattPersman
02-15-2017, 12:20 PM

Zero application problems. ?? You just said it was "streaky and oily" in another post !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruzscarwash
03-11-2017, 09:30 PM
Well buddy stopped by, cars been untouched since I applied the sealants. It's dark so used a spot light but it's still not the best. The tape lines are very distinct so that was cool to see.

In order of best beading as far as tightness and consistent size and shape

Meguairs fast finish
Mystery item

And cure and mckees are tied