PDA

View Full Version : IronX Question

sawacs
02-12-2017, 07:45 PM
A little earlier today I decided to give IronX a try on my rims and rotors. There were some rusty spots around the heads of the lug nuts along with some rust on the rotors etc. After three applications of IronX, I could not tell any difference and yes I did give the IronX time to work and turn all purply: the rust appeared just like it was when I started.

Am I asking too much from the IronX? Does this stuff only work on microscopic rust particles in the paint?:dunno:

Thanks

Eldorado2k
02-12-2017, 07:52 PM
What kind of rims? Chrome?

Sent from my iPhone

sawacs
02-12-2017, 07:57 PM
The rims are chrome plated with rust spots showing through in a few areas where the rims have been scratched over the years of use. There is also rust around the ends of the lug nuts etc.. I was under the impression that rust is rust..;)

Eldorado2k
02-12-2017, 08:06 PM
I was under the impression that rust is rust..;)

Well in that case you've got to use a product with a lust for rust.[emoji6]
Maybe something like this would work..

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170213/a298afbca512f9bd37cd087b88cd935e.jpg

They say aluminum foil and Diet Coke works too...

Sent from my iPhone

Eldorado2k
02-12-2017, 08:18 PM
00 Steel Wool is another option. Just make sure to use it dry without any kind of metal polish as lube, as that usually turns out creating more harm than good.

briarpatch
02-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Get some Noxon......used it to break down rust for many years...started with chrome rims on my bicycle when I was a kid....and that was a very long time ago

sawacs
02-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the information. For polishing the rim, I use Flitz and that stuff works wonders! However, the rotors are a different story since the rust is pretty well caked on.

Regarding Noxon, do you think that stuff would work on the rotors and calipers for rust removal?