PDA

View Full Version : GTechniq - too many choices

waelwell
02-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Looking for some guidance. It looks like there are at least 4 choices for coatings from GTechniq (not counting the professionally applied stuff).

Crystal Serum Light
Crystal Lacquer
EXO
EXO and CSL

I've read the descriptions and it's not clear to me why I should pick one over the other. Seems easier to just go with another company's product where there is only one choice. You folks have any clear guidance on why someone would use one GTechniq product over the other?

Bill

Rsurfer
02-11-2017, 01:14 PM
More choices. I like choices..like movies and music.

The Guz
02-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Go with Crystal Serum Light or Crystal Serum Light topped with Exo.

Rsurfer
02-11-2017, 01:19 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/76693-coatings-top-3-easy-apply-first-timer.html

bluedoggiant
02-12-2017, 02:01 PM
Looking for some guidance. It looks like there are at least 4 choices for coatings from GTechniq (not counting the professionally applied stuff).

Crystal Serum Light
Crystal Lacquer
EXO
EXO and CSL

I've read the descriptions and it's not clear to me why I should pick one over the other. Seems easier to just go with another company's product where there is only one choice. You folks have any clear guidance on why someone would use one GTechniq product over the other?

Bill

Just had professionally applied CS on my car. Chose that after lurking on these forums. CSL would be the next most powerful coating, I think crystal lacquer is even weaker. EXO is a top coating that gives an even glossier shine and added hydrophobicity. It lasts 1-2.5 years I believe, and you can add it any time after the crystal Serum light to "prolong" the life of that coating.

ronkh57
02-12-2017, 05:32 PM
I agree w Guz

Ck the sister site (autopia) 512detail has been doing a test on it

DaveT435
02-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Yep...CSL or CSL & EXOv3

kevincwelch
02-12-2017, 09:48 PM
We'll, a question for you. Have you ever applied a coating that isn't a spray on coating like Pinnacle or McKee's? Because applying the gtechnic coatings, especially when you're topping with EXO, can be a tricky thing. If you are brand new to coatings, I would go with C1. Crystal serum light needs to be polished off if you leave behind any high spots. If you're pretty familiar with coatings, then I would go with Crystal serum light and topped with EXO.

GSKR
02-13-2017, 06:38 AM
Gloss coat by far is the easiest application for people who are not that experienced at applying coatings.Crystal serum is great and easy to use as well ,but using gloss coat cuts down on error mistakes.you can apply gloss coat in a hot scorching environment with no problems and is a superior product for the money.I find that gtech for 64.00 is a phenomenal buy versus the others but it's never in Stock at ag.So if they don't have it I'm not going out of my way to order it somewhere else.I'm 15 minutes from ag.